Suspicions and Episodes

"If you look at it in a certain way, it's harder loving yourself than loving someone else. Honestly let's admit what we have to admit. The standards you place are harder on yourself. Inside the centre of your life is a thick growing ring, it's part of your life and also what you are, let's forgive ourselves now."

Love yourself- BTS

The song above is attached to the chapter, if you wanna listen.

††.   †‡

It's been weeks since school resumed. As expected we've been drowning in series of work loads. Revision of past questions, extra lessons, I'm so ready for this year to be over already. Mid-term break starts tomorrow and I can't wait to have a break. Even if it's just for 3 days. Well five if you count Saturday and Sunday.

"I swear if anybody makes another exam speech one more time, I'd have aneurysm. Like I'm not even joking." Nimi complains from her seat just behind mine.

I and a few other classmates laugh. It's true though, all the teachers seem to like talking about is our upcoming exams and how important they are. Like we don't know that already. The amount of homework and lessons we've been having was enough emphasis already.

"I honestly can't wait for tomorrow so I don't have to come to school. I can finally go out with my boyfriend." Ashley adds looking excited.

"Which one this time? The one old enough to be your father or one of your younger boys?" Wale one of the playboys in the class asks her and everybody laughs.

Come on it's hard not to.

Especially when her faces looks like she's about to burst or slap him.

"Mind your business. At least I've actually got the latest iPhone while you're still using an iPhone 6." Ashley says proudly. I swear they're always arguing about who has the latest. I'm freaking using an Android and I'm not dead for crying out loud. I mean I get it, iPhones are cool, I want one too. I'm even saving for one. But stop making it a competition.

Nimi just shakes her head at their behaviour. She quickly adapted to the class so she's used to their banter.

"Who wants to have a little get-together on Saturday though?" Moyo asks the class. I shoot him a look asking what he's talking about and he just shrugs. Honestly I don't care as long as it's not my house.

"To where?" Deji the shortest boy in class asks. He's so tiny. I mean he's like an inch taller than me but he looks so tiny still though. His hair is so curly too. Anytime I'm close to him, my hands are always in his hair, he's used to it already so he doesn't complain. Like any other school here in Nigeria, the boys can't grow their hair too long but the boys in my class tend to leave their hair fuller than normal. I think the teachers are already tired of complaining so they let them be. We'll be out of the school soon anyway.

"I don't know. Should we go out or who wants us to crash at their house?" Moyo answers, looking at the class expectedly.

"Our house is out of the question though." I say looking pointedly at Moyo.

"But why? Moyo has lots of video games. And we can promise to stay in his room this time." Charles, one of Moyo's friends complains. He comes to our house the sometimes to hang with Moyo. Mostly him and Deji. But they always end up coming to disturb me in my room it's not even funny. They're like little babies in teenagers' body. I can't even stay angry at them too long. Always coming to steal my snacks or just disturbing me for the sake of it. They're annoying but they're good friends to Moyo.

"Nope. Still no. You always say that." I say shaking my head.

"I'll buy pizza when coming." Deji tries to negotiate with me. He knows I like food. Especially junk food.