Coming in Rainbow Style

“It’s going to eat us.”

“No it’s not.”

“It’s going to kill us.”

“Again, no it’s not.”

“Yes it is. You didn’t  see how big it was?”

“…”

“Let’s run away before it attacks us. We can crash at Deji’s place for a week.”

“Moyo, how old are you again?”

“Almost 18. Why?”

“Exactly! 18! Why the fuck are you scared of a spider? And let me go! I can’t breathe.”

Moyin struggled to speak. She was sitting on the couch in the living room, trying to catch up on all she missed. All of a sudden, she heard her brother scream, running down the stairs like he was asked to recruit in AOT.

He jumped on her, screaming about how there’s a spider in his room that wants to eat him. He was lying on her and holding her like she was his life line.

They’ve been in this position for 5 minutes now and it’s getting harder for her to breathe.

“Well I’ll have you know that isn’t an ordinary spider. It was staring at me like it wanted to attack me.” He said, still holding unto her for dear life.

He wasn’t ashamed to admit he was scared of spiders. And cockroaches. And anything that has lots of legs and crawls. Nope! He wasn’t afraid to admit it at all. They are creatures set on attacking humans, and the sooner people understand this, the better.

“Okay. Let me go so I’ll go and kill it for you.” Moyin tried to convince him to let her go. Again.

“No. What if it comes down to attack me while you’re up there?” Moyo said, sounding genuinely terrified. This has been his response for the past 5 minutes.

“Then how are we going to get rid of it?”

“I already told you. Let’s run away.”

“Can someone explain why Moyin looks like she’s about to suffocate?” A voice suddenly interrupted their argument.

“Dad!” They both screamed, looking at the doorway. There stood their dad, standing and smiling like a Cheshire cat.

Moyin tried to stand and go hug her dad but Moyo was still laying on her and not letting go.

“MOYO GET OFF ME!!!” She screamed. But the idiot didn’t budge. He shook his head and held her even tighter.

“Why are you holding onto your sister like that?” Their dad asked, amusement lacing his voice.

“There’s a spider in my room. And it wants to kill me.” Moyo said to his dad seriously. Like saying a spider wanted to kill him was totally believable.

“A spider?” Their dad asked, stepping back and looking like he would bolt out of the house any moment now.

Yeah. She forgot. If her brother was a scaredy-cat, he got it from their dad.

“Yes dad. A big one.”

“Why haven’t you killed it Moyin?” Their dad asked, still stepping back and casting a nervous look in at the stairs.

Almost like he was expecting the spider run down and attack them with guns or sumn.

“Me? Why not Moyo. It’s his room.”

Her dad just gave her a ‘seriously?’ look.

“Please can you just go up and try and kill it, so Moyo can leave me alone?” She begged her dad, needing to pee at that point. But Moyo was still holding tight.