Blue for bold

"Sick of all these people talking. Sick of all these noise... I'm heading straight for the castle."

Castle- Halsey

If Luca could be granted one wish right now, he'll wish that today would disappear and be over without him having to live through it.
'Why?' you might wonder, well his reason was very legit.

He was going over to his cousin's place today. You know, the children of his aunt who think he is mental. He is so excited he would gladly jump off a roof, a cliff even if he sees one. Yeah it was obvious how excited he is.
Of course the logical thing to do would be to tell his mother that he doesn't want to go.

But he can't.

His mother had no idea that he hated going over to his cousins'. She thinks he only had a problem with his aunt but his cousins are nice to him. He doesn't want to spoil that because he sees how happy she gets, when she thinks he is hanging out with his cousins and having fun. Also his cousins are great pretenders. They act like angels towards him whenever his mum is around. Once she leaves, they come for him with every psychological insult they can think of.

The reason for him going today was because of his new therapist. He won't lie, the new therapist was really good. She suggested breaking some of his routines and habits slowly. According to her, it'll increase his chances of coping during sudden changes. He'll be told what is about to be changed before it happens, to avoid throwing him off completely.

They started with his food, changing his fixed breakfast to something else. It felt weird at first but because he was told before it happened, he didn't feel too lost.

She also suggested he try to mix up with people more than the regular people he hung out with. So they signed him up to a math club, since he liked math. He has attended one meeting so far. He didn't talk or interact a lot but he is sure he'll get used to it slowly. Baby steps, his therapist said.

Hence, his mother coming up with the plan of him going to visit his cousins. That's not even the worst part. She also said his eldest cousin was going to drop him off later to see his therapist. WHAT THE ACTUAL FISH?????? Yeah he didn't like swearing. Sue him.

In a nutshell, he's going to die today. He only hopes people say nice things at his funeral at least. And Moyin buries him with his favourite hoodie.

"Luke come down from the car. What are you waiting for?" His mum called for him from the door of his aunt's house. They arrived a few minutes ago but he was unable to actually go down. Don't judge him. He's trying to prepare himself for the fake sweet convos he'll have with them until his mum leaves.
"I'm coming ma." He made the sign of the cross and stepped out of the car to his death.

Those were his last thought before he plastered a smile on his face and opened the door.
And just like he expected, 2 of his cousins were by the door waiting. They engulfed him in a group hug as soon as he got inside.

"Welcome back dummy. Missed me?" His eldest cousin whispered lowly in his ear. Did he mention this particular cousin was the cruelest of them all? Well he is.
Oh well, at least I'll die with the memory of this hug, even though it's fake.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^****((**********

His mum had been gone for exactly 30 seconds and his cousins didn't waste time in reverting to their actual selves.

"Yo crazy boy! Get me water from the kitchen." His eldest cousin, Michael, barked at him.
Luca did as he asked. Over the years he had learnt that the best way to handle his cousins was to just comply with whatever they asked. They eventually get bored and leave him alone. But today, he was finding it hard to do just that.