19

"are you not forgetting something?" seulgi asked.

"it's my favorite flower, too, you know?" seulgi added.

"that makes OUR favorite flower," she said.

"oh yeah! i totally forgot," taeyong said.

"do you still remember what you told me that day you left?" seulgi asked.

"you told me you were going to continue picking magnolias every year on my birthday for me," assuming taeyong did pick flowers for her, when in reality he just said that because he was blinded with the love he gave her.

it is indeed true, that taeyong loved her before. not until he met doyoung. it is also true that he picked flowers for her before, but the truth is, doyoung's favorite flowers are also magnolias and taeyong loved having walks with his best friend.

"i'm sorry for rejecting you everytime you told me that you like me. but look! i'm here now..." she said.

"i'm here to tell you that i like—"

taeyong stopped walking and he also stopped seulgi from talking by cutting her off.

"seulgi! do you wanna come at my place later? i'll be celebrating my birthday with my friends later. i could introduce them to you, too!" taeyong said.

the thought of taeyong having friends annoyed seulgi.

"here's my number. i'll send you my address later. see you!" taeyong said and left.

taeyong went to the grocery to buy things for his birthday. it's almost 3 and he haven't prepared anything for his birthday yet. doyoung was supposed to help him, but since doyoung couldn't even remember his birthday, he just did it himself.

after shopping, taeyong was on his way home when someone suddenly called him.

taeyong: hello?

: hyung! hyung!

taeyong: jisung? why are you calling on a different number? and why are you calling me-

jisung: it's chenle... you have to come to chenle's family house!

taeyong: what?! what happened to chenle?!