40

"we had a little problem while taking the bullet off of his body..."

ten covered his mouth with his hand, almost crying  because of what he just heard. jaemin was trying to be strong for renjun. 

since taeyong and renjun were done, almost at the same time, they were expecting for doyoung to be done soon, too. but they were wrong. 

after hours and hours of waiting, the surgeon who operated on doyoung came out. 

"we took out all of the bullets in his body, but..." the doctor started. 

what the doctor said left all of them in tears, ten almost fell down to the ground, good thing johnny ws holding him. 

and the most difficult thing is how they'll tell  taeyong what they just heard. 

jaemin updated in twitter about renjun's condition, that his supporters and other friends shouldn't worry much about him, but jeno saw jaemin's post as well. 

jeno: IS HE OKAY NOW? I COULDN'T CALL BC I CANT LEAVE MY WORK PLS TELL ME HES AWAKE, NANA

jaemin: he's still not, but he'll be fine. he should be awake anytime soon. 

jeno: i'll go there right now. 

jaemin: no jeno, you dont have to. he's fine, really. 

jaemin didn't receive any response anymore, expecting jeno wouldn't come because he's been so busy. until the door opened widely and revealed a jeno with a very worried look. 

"fuck." jaemin said under his breath.

jeno ran to renjun and held his hand, and started sobbing and told renjun soothing and comforting words. 

"hey, it's going to be alright. i'm here. just fight, renjun. fight" jeno said. 

" i said you don't have to go", jaemin said behind jeno. 

"i have to see him. he's my friend too, i think..."

"you think? jeno can you see what you're doing right now? FUCK! HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN WHAT YOU DID TO RENJUN?" jaemin said furiously 

"THE REASON WHY THE THREE OF US AREN'T SPENDING SO MUCH TIME TOGETHER ANYMORE?"

"when renjun confessed that he liked you, you told him you had a girlfriend until i found out you were lying to him!" jaemin added. 

"i had to protect him." jeno avoided jaemin's eyes. 

"you both knew and saw how i recklessly broke people's hearts." jeno now looked at jaemin

"and you call that protecting?! you just did the fucking same to renjun! you have no idea how much i've given up just to stay beside renjun and protect him." jaemin said.

"then why is he unconscious right now?" jeno cocked his eyebrow. 

jaemin couldn't believe what he was hearing. he clenched his wrists out of anger. he wanted to punch his best friend, but he couldn't because renjun wouldn't want something like that. 

"you knew i would give my life up for renjun. how about you? what would you give up for him? what did you contribute to save his life? NOTHING! you knew how much i would fight for renjun. i gave college to protect renjun because you knew how weak and easy to manipulate renjun is."

"i love renjun, that's why i left, okay?!" jeno exclaimed. 

"jeno, if you really love renjun, you shouldn't have left in the first place and accepted his love from the beginning. you are no fair to renjun. you should be ashamed of yourself." jaemin looked at him with pure anger. 

renjun actually had been awake for a while now and just listened to jeno and jaemin fight, and listened to the truth both jeno and jaemin couldn't tell him. it broke his heart to hear both of them fight, because they never fought like this before. especially when he's the reason of their fight.