(14) Choose A Path

Two years later..

Bucky and their group of friends were about to embark on a new journey. They were all finally done with undergrad school. So now they were all staring at their envelopes to see if they got into the career program they applied for. 

Maggie,Cassidy,Bobbi Logan and Gabe all applied to Harvard's medical program. While Noah Bucky Alex and Montana and London applied to their law school. Joey Carter Madison and Madelyn applied to their Business school. 

"It's like a band aid right." Cassidy said 

"Yeah let's just rip them open." Bobbi said 

"Okay.." Joey said 

"Or we can just sit here and stare." Gabe said 

After sitting for another thirty minutes they finally opened their envelopes. They all sat in silence with wide eyes as they read them. 

"I got in.." Cassidy whispered 

Bucky swallowed hard "Baby..look I got in. I did it..I fucking did it!" He said as he kissed her. 

She kissed him. "I'm proud of you baby." She said 

"Looks like we are all staying in Boston a little longer." Gabe said with a smile. 

"We are.." Logan said as he grabbed Bobbi's hand. 

"Well why we have you all." Noah said 

"What's up." Bucky said 

"Me and Madison are expecting our first baby. She's due in December." Noah said as he grabbed her hand. 

"Congrats!" Cassidy said 

Everyone said their congrats and they even had a toast with their water glasses. That afternoon Bucky and Cassidy enrolled 4 year old Maxwell at a private preschool in town. Brandon and Mila moved from Boston to Manhattan where they were doing their residency. James and Elliot couldn't be more proud of the young couple. 

When Bucky called home to tell his family the big news they were so happy for him. But there was one person he wish he could tell. Marjorie was put on hospice she was diagnosed with brain cancer a year and half ago. Now it's starting to affect her memory and her sight. It's heartbreaking to see the strongest woman he's ever known besides his mother go through it. 

That August Bucky and Cassidy were a ball of emotions on Maxwell's first day of preschool. But those emotions magnified into nerves when they left the parking lot. It was their first day of school as well. They went back to brownstone to get her car since the law school building and medical school building were two different campuses. 

They shared a kiss reminded their nanny of what time preschool was over. They went their separate ways. When they both came home they both had stacks of books and was scared to death that this wasn't a good idea.