Chapter Nine

"You said your cell phone's in the truck, right?" Nick asked Carly. We were in the driveway looking up at the house. "Yeah," Carly replied. We stood beside an old truck and I stood beside Carly. Nick put his hand beside my head and leaned on it. He looked at the both of us And said "Okay, this is what we're gonna do. I'm gonna go up to the truck and get your cell phone, and see if I can get some help. You take Cole and go back to the road. Paige and Blake are back at the campsite."

"What? No, no, no way. I'm not leaving you, Nick!" I said. "No, way Nick," Carly said. "I can't lose you, Nick. I probably lost my brother, I can't lose you," I said, shaking my head as tears streamed down my face. "Why do you have to be so... damn stubborn," Nick said. Carly gave him a look. And he sighed. "Nick," I whispered.

He looked at me and grabbed hold of me and pulled me into his chest wrapping his arms around me. He hissed the top of my head. "Okay. We stick together. Nothing's going to happen to us," he said. "Yeah," Carly said.

"Okay. Come on, babygirl," he said and we walked up to where the truck was. "It's under the seat," Carl said. "Nice parking job," Nick told her. Carly crawled into the truck and looked around. She came back out and looked at us. "It's not in there," she said. We looked up at the house. "Wade and Dalton," Nick said. "Wade went in there and never came out," Carly said. "All right. We'll go in a quick one pass. If we can't find them, we have to get the hell out of here," Nick said. "Yeah," Carly and I both said.

"Let's try the back," Nick said. We walked behind the house to the back door. As me and Nick walk up the steps Carly runs over and grabs a bat. "Stay close," Nick said, grabbing my hand. Nick slowly and as quietly as possible opened the door. He looked around before we headed inside. When we got inside we walked into a kitchen. Carly picked the phone up that was on the counter. She put it to ear and then put it down.

Nick never let go of my hand as we walked further into the house. "Dalton?" Nick whispered. "Wade?"

"Nick, there's guns," Carly said. He pulled me along with him to where Carly was. They were behind a cage and glass. Nick let go of my hand and grabbed the bat from Carly. He wrapped a shirt around the top of the bat and broke the glass. Carly grabbed the cage and shook it. "It's bolted to the wall," she said. "There's gotta be a key around here somewhere.

Nick grabbed my hand again and walked us towards the kitchen. We heard the front door slam open and someone grunt. Nick grabbed me and pulled us behind the refrigerator. He pushed me behind him and I grabbed his jacket. He reached his hand back and put it on my hip moving me even closer.

We heard grunting and Nick pulled it into another room. We watched to see Bo stumble into the kitchen. He turned the light on holding his chest where the arrow was. Nick guided us into a room that looked to be an office. He quietly shut the door behind us. "Nick," I whispered and pointed at where there was light coming from the floor. He knelt and put his finger in a hole lifting. Some steps lead down underneath the house.

"We need to get Carly," I whispered. "I know. And we will, baby," he said. Nick opened the door and looked out. He walked out and grabbed Carly who screamed a little. "Shh, shh, shh. It's okay, okay, okay," he said and brought her into the room. He grabbed my hand and started walking down the stairs when Carly spoke up.

"I saw Paige and Blake's bodies. They're dead," she said. Me and Nick looked at her. "We gotta go now," he said and pulled me down the stairs. Carly followed us shortly after. We walked down the tunnel. There was a loud noise. We came to a machine and covered our ears as we walked by it. Nick never once let go of my hand.

Once by the machine, we came to nothing but darkness. "I can't see anything!" Nick yelled over the machine. He let go of my hand and walked over to the controls. "There's got to be a light here somewhere," he said. He and Carly started messing with the switches until the lights lit up the tunnel. Nick grabbed my hand again and we walked down the tunnel.

We came to the end where it was glowing "come on," Nick said. He let go of my hand once we were there and walked over to a table. I looked around to see a body sitting in some kind of entrapment covered in wax. "Dalton," Nick said and I looked over at him to see him holding a red hat. I walked over and grabbed it from him. I felt tears in my eyes as I looked over at the body covered in wax. "No," I whimpered.

"YN, baby," he said as I walked over to the person covered in wax. I looked at it and saw those very familiar blue eyes. I felt the tears run down my cheeks. "I'm so sorry," I whispered. "Baby," Nick said, walking over to me. "Don't worry, D, I'm going to get you out," I said. I grabbed the metal piece that was around his head and started to screw it when his head snapped off his body. I gasped and stood there with my mouth open crying harder as I held onto it.

"Shit, baby. Let it go. Come here," Nick said, releasing my grip and pulling me into him. I grabbed his jacket and screamed into his chest as I bawled. I heard Carly crying. Nick kissed my head and held me as tight as possible. "I'm sorry, baby girl. I'm so sorry," he whispered. We heard someone coming towards us and looked. Vincent was quickly walking towards us with two knives in his hands.

"You asshole!" I screamed and ran at him only to be stopped by his blade going through my stomach. I grabbed hold of him and looked up at him. He pulled the knife out and I stumbled back. I put my shaking hand on my stomach and pulled away to see it covered in blood. "YN!" Nick and Carly screamed.