Chapter Six

"Bo might have one. Runs a gas station in Ambrose," the guy said. "Where's that?" Wade asked. I stood on my tippy toes and whispered in Nick's ear, "I don't trust this guy," He looked down at me and back at the guy and pulled me closer. "Fifteen miles up the road," the guy told Wade. "Let's just get one in Baton Rouge. Put it on when we get back," Blake said.

"Man there's no way I'm leaving my car. What if that guy from last night comes back and strips it or something?" Wade said. "Well, whatever, man. You're gonna miss the game, then," Blake said. "Yeah, well, that's not why I came," Wade said and looked at Carly. "All right, look... I'll run you up to the station, it lets go. Kickoff in a couple hours," Blake said.

"Dude, you're already late. You still gotta find a scalper and snag tickets," Wade said. "Y'all should just go now. I'll stay in my car. It's fine. Just go and get me a fan belt on the way back. Make sure it's fifteen inch."

"Gotcha," Blake said. "I'll give you a ride," the man said.

I noticed he wasn't looking at Wade. He was looking at me. He smirked at me and licked his lips. I just pulled myself even closer to Nick. He glared at the man and wrapped me tighter in his arms. Dalton must have noticed too because he came over and stood behind me."You serious?" Wade asked. "If you like," the man said.

"Well.... yeah, uh... yeah, if that's cool," Wade said. "I'm going with you," Carly said. "Carly no," me and Paige said. "Yes, I'll be fine," Carly told us. "All right let's go," Blake said.

I looked at Carly then up at Nick, "Baby?" I said. He looked down at me "mmm?" He hummed. "Give Carly your shirt," I said. He let go of me and lifted his shirt over his head. Carly and Wade were getting ready to walk down the hill when Nick stopped her. "Carly,"

"What?" She said, looking at him. He held his shirt out to her and she took it, thanking him. Carly took her shirt off and the man started to stare at her. Dalton, Nick and Wade stood in front of her. Dalton took her shirt and held it up. She turned around, "No, it's okay," she said and he put it down.

The Man chuckled before looking over at me again smirking. He was looking directly at my chest. I felt Nick grab my wrist and pull me behind him. "You're not going to let them leave like that?" Dalton said to Nick. "With a guy who throws roadkill on a pit for a living?" Nick and I looked at him. "You clean shit for a living, Mr. Septic tank man," Nick said. "What's the difference?" I asked. Nick grabbed my hand and we started to walk away. "Well, I don't walk through it, that's one. That's the difference, right?" Dalton said.

"Yup," Nick said and we headed back to Blake's truck. Nick got in his bag and took out a new shirt for him and threw me one of his shirts as well. "Change," he said. "Why? My shirt isn't dirty," I said. He pulled his shirt over his head and walked over to me. "I can see your nipples through your tank top. Put the shirt on," he whispered in my ear.

I just smiled at him and walked behind the truck and lifted my tank top over my head. Nick walked over and stood so I was blocked. He stared at me down as I threw the tank top at him. I slipped his shirt over my head and tied It up so my stomach was showing.

We got in the truck with me in the middle of Nick and Dalton in the back. We headed across the bridge and made our way back to the interstate. We ended up hitting a traffic jam. We sat there for a while. "Dude, it's over," Nick said. "It'll move," Blake said. "It's not moving," Paige said. "Look, we'll make it for the second half," Blake told her.

Nick leaned forward resting his arms on my legs. "Okay, dude, I'm not sitting in this traffic," he said. "Its just a stupid football game," I said. Of course I went to every one of Nick's games but I wasn't really into sports. I went to support him and that's it. "Well, then, what do you want me to do?" Blake said. "Come on, man. Let's just go to Carly and Wade..." Dalton said. I was so tired and I was getting pissed having to sit here. I leaned my head on Dalton's shoulder while Nick still leaned forward. I felt Dalton kiss the top of my head.

"We have to go back. Come on," Paige complained. "Turn around," Nick said. "I'm not missing the best game of the year," Blake said. That just pissed me off more and pushed me over the edge. I pushed Nick back and grabbed Blake by the front of his shirt. "Fuck the game! It's over! Now, turn the fucking car around!" I yelled. Everyone was silent and Blake's eyes were wide. "Yo, Nick, get your girl," he said.

"YN, baby, come on," Nick said, grabbing my hand and prying it off Blake's shirt. Dalton grabbed my shoulder and helped Nick pull me back. "Turn the car around," Nick told him. "Okay," Blake said. He let his head drop to the steering wheel making the horn go off. "Go! Dammit Blake!" I yelled.

"YN, calm down," Dalton said. "Shut the fuck up, Dalton!" I said looking at him.
He looked at me surprised. "Okay, sorry," he said sitting back. I sighed and looked at him "I'm sorry," I said. Blake turned the car around and went back to where we had been camping last night but a little further away from the pit of dead animals. Once we got there Dalton and Nick went off to take a piss. I sat on the ground with Paige as she went through the CDs. "You all right?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Just sitting in that car for that long not moving got to me," I told her. "Hey, Paige!" Blake yelled. "Yeah?" She asked. "Nick, YN, and Dalton are gonna go get them," he said. "Why? We can go," she said. "Oh, baby! Come on. I'm tired of driving," he said. "Okay," she said, shrugging. "You know he wants to fuck you right?" I said. "Yeah, probably," she laughed. "Talk to him," I told her and got up walking over to Nick And Dalton.