Chapter Seven

I walked over to Nick and wrapped my arms around him. Blake went to hand him the keys and then stopped "um, why don't you let my man drive?" Blake said and handed the keys to Dalton. Nick looked at Blake in shock. "Really?" Dalton said. Blake didn't know it was Dalton who stole and wrecked the car. He thought it was Nick but he still bailed him out of jail. He always felt more badass with Nick around.

"An, you heard him. Move," Dalton said. I got closer to him and twisted his nipple. "Give them to me," I said. "Ow. Ow. Y/N, stop," he said. "Give me the keys, Dalton!" I said. "Okay, okay. Here," he said and dropped them in my hand. I let him go and smirked at him "thank you," I said and turned around to look at Nick. I held the keys up and dangled them from my finger. Here you go, baby," I said. He smirked and took the keys from me. "Thank you, babygirl," he said and leaned down to kiss me.

"Oh, come on! Stop kissing my sister!" Dalton said. "Shut up, Dalton!" I said this for the hundredth time today. Nick and Dalton got in the front and I went in the back. Nick started the truck and headed down the road towards Ambrose. After a while Dalton spoke up, "just let me drive, bitch," he said. "He gave me the keys, man." Nick reaches his arm over and puts it across Dalton's chest and looks at him. "Yeah, 'cause he thinks I'm the one that stole the car and crashed it," he said.

I sighed and Nick looked at me in the rearview mirror. I smiled at him and then leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Whatever, man. You didn't have to cover for me, dude," Dalton said.

"But he did, D. And because he did that almost made him lose me. At least you were decent enough to tell me the truth," I said and leaned back. Nick looked at me in the mirror and Dalton turned to look at me. "Y/N, come on. I said I was sorry. I didn't know he was going to take the blame," he said. "Hey, your jacket's clean, all right? Mines already got plenty of stains on it. One more not going to make a difference," Nick said.

I could feel the tears in my eyes. Nick would do anything for Dalton. He was his best friend, his girlfriend's brother. Would he have done it if he knew there was a chance I would leave him? Honesty, I don't know. I replay that day in my head all the time. If Dalton wouldn't have told me the truth about it was him who stole and crashed the car, o would have left Nick. We have been together since we were fourteen, we are now twenty-three. That's nine years together.

Sure me and Nick fought, mostly when he would get into trouble. When he lost his scholarship, I went off and didn't talk to him for a week, he did everything to get me to talk to him. But no matter how bad the fight was, neither of us ever said it was over. I knew Nick was insecure about why one's with him. I knew he thought he didn't deserve me. But, he was wrong. He does deserve me. We were lucky enough to find out about a person at a young age.

"You almost lost Y/N, Nick. That would have been my fault. I almost broke my sister's heart. If I didn't tell her the truth, she would have been shattered. She would have broken up with you. And I wouldn't have been able to fix it," Dalton said. "D, it's over and done with. Nick did it because you're his best friend. He loves you and he loves me. Just let it go, what happened in the past stays there. You can't change it," I said.

Nick looked at the GPS, "where the hell is this place? Town's not even on the GSP," he said. I leaned forward and looked at the screen. There was nothing around, all the lines were read. "That's weird," me and Dalton said at the same time. Nick cringed, he hated when we did that. He and Carly never did that. "Don't do that," he said, smiling back at me. I just pushed his shoulder.

"So, umm... do you think Carly and Wade are gonna stay together when she moves to New York?" Dalton asked. I let out a laugh. "What? I'm just wondering," he said. " 'Cause she is looking at me sometimes like...." "Dalton, it ain't happening," Nick said."What? What do you mean?" Dalton asked. "And even if it was happening, it ain't happening. Nothing personal," Nick told him. "Why do you like me better than Wade, right? And you're dating my sister, man," Dalton said. "Wade's not so bad," Nick said.

"What? I'm sorry, did Nick the badass just daily his sister's boyfriend, isn't that bad?" I said teasing him. He looked in the mirror at me and smiled. "Yeah, I like Wade, too," Dalton said. "Aww, it's okay little brother. You'll find a girl or guy not judging, who will love you and be able to handle your shit," I said. "I'm not gay, Y/N!" He huffed. "If you say so," I said laughing.

We ended up coming to a part of the road that was all washed out. "Shit," I said. We all got out of the truck and walked in front of it. I walked over to Nick And he put his arm around me. "Is this it?" Asked. "Yeah," Nick said back. "Well, should we drive through it, you think?" Dalton asked. I looked at Nick with amusement. "Through all that?" Nick said. "I don't know. I could do it," Dalton said.

"Oh? Okay well go ahead," I told him. "Ha," Nick laughed and handed Dalton the keys. Dalton took the keys and went to walk to the drive's door. He looked back while me and Nick stood off to the side. Dalton stopped and looked at us. "That's what I thought," Nick said.

Nick grabbed my hand and we started to walk towards the town. Dalton locked the car making the lights go off and followed us. We got into town and found the gas station. Dalton walked up to the door and opened the door. "Carly? Wade?" He yelled. "Hello?"

"Man, there's music playing, but I don't think anyone's here," Dalton said walking over to me and Nick. I put my hands in my jacket pockets pulling the jacket closer to me. "No one's here," Nick said. Nick put his arm around me and we started walking away. "Where are you going?" Dalton asked.

"To that grocery store, we passed. I'm thirsty," Nick said. "Well, what about your sister and Wade, man?" Dalton asked. "Maybe they're at the store," Nick said. I stopped and looked at him as Dalton walked up beside me. "What?" Nick asked, turning to look at us. "Babe, he's right we came all this way. Don't you think we should at least look for them?" I said.

"All right, check it. Me and YNare going to go this way. All right? You go that way. We don't find 'em, we meet back here, go back to the road. Cool?" Nick said and grabbed my hand.

But I didn't move. "YN?" He said, looking at me. I didn't have a good feeling about this town. Something felt off. "I'm going with D," I said. Nick looked at me with sad eyes. "Umm... okay," he said. I walked over to him and made him look at me. "Hey, I love you. But you know how Dalton is. I don't want him fuck something up. Okay?" I said."Yeah. Be careful. I love you too," he said and kissed me. Nick walked off towards the store and me and Dalton walked off in the other direction.