Chapter 4

Jane

As we rounded the last turn I could see the closed security gate that led up to my house, most people that worked for my father called it the big house. The baboons that worked for my father are not the clever types, they just made the name based on the size of my house, which wasn't really clever by my standers. I was so fuming mad I just wanted to claw this River guy to death, and bury him in the backyard never to be found again. He tricked me, made me think he was actually into me and was actually looking to pursue some type up relationship with me. I guess I was wrong in every way and my father was never going to hear the end of sending one of his goons to bring me home. As the car came to a stop at the gate the guard came over as River rolled down his window.

"Hello Mr. River," he said in a happy tone, as he looked at me and I gave him a death glare and he just smiled "Miss. Jane" as he arched an eyebrow almost amused, yep he was going to die and be buried along with River in the backyard "go in, I'll notify Dante of your arrival" he said as the gate opened, my palms stared hurting from my nails digging into my palms from trying to hold in my anger

We drove still in silence up the hill, pulling his car into a spot next to my father's friend Gino car. The second the car stopped moving I jumped out quickly and made my way to the stairs as I could see the two guards the stood outside the door looking amused. I clenched my jaw harder, as I thought I'm going to be doing a lot of shoveling tonight to bury everyone.

"Miss. Jane, back so soon?" the guard on the left said as the one on the right opened the door

"Go to hell!" I yelled at him as I stomped up the last few steps

"Mr. River, you seem to have done your job faster than expected" I looked back to see he was right behind me smirking as he climbed the stairs "Dante wants to see both of you now" he said as I smirked as a new plan started to form in my mind.

I glanced at the still smirking River and flashed him and evil genius smile that didn't seem to faze him in the slightest. I turned and stormed down the hall to my father's meeting room, as the guard automatically opened the door as I approached I could see both of my mother and father sitting in their big thrown like chairs, I think they thought of themselves like royalty or something. They sat talking to Gino and his wife, I've known them for years they're very nice people and I've never had any problems with them. Their conversation stopped the moment I was at the bottom of the platform standing there very pissed off.

"River, you did a wonderful expedient job tonight" my father said completely ignoring me in the prosess

"Thank you Sir" I heard river say, as I looked to see he was standing next to me smiling,