Chapter 11

River

I woke to the annoying sound of the alarm clock going off, to see it said 6:45 am and groaned at how early it was. I didn't sleep well after the realization I had, but I came to terms with my feeling and decided it wasn't really that I wanted Jane. I really just owed so much gratitude to her because I would be here if it wasn't for her. Dante would be so wonderful and gave me every opportunity if it hadn't been for her. I believe that was where my feeling came from, I was thankful and I miss read them as being infatuated.

I sat and groaned at the time of the clock, I hated getting up early, especially now that I had to go to school and babysit the drama queen. I already went and completed school as top of my class and I didn't do it all to be sent to school again. I got up and decided to take a shower to help wake me up. The cold water felt nice and did the trick and I was more alert now. I wrapped a towel around my waist and went to the closet, where Dante said my uniform was. Where a uniform to school just made this an even better experiences, note the sarcasm.

After I dressed, I looked in the mirror to see how stupid and prep I looked a I groaned. Khaki pants with a belt, white button down shirt with blue and gold tie, and a dark blue blazer. I hated this, monkey suit it just wasn't me. I liked my pants to be jeans and a little room, and I preferred tee-shirts. This was stupid, even Dante didn't wear a suit he did need to. I contemplated just wearing my normal clothing. Hell, I was really a student so what did it matter if I didn't wear a student uniform.

I went down stair to get some food before I had to take Jane to school, hopefully she was up because I really just wanted to avoid her after, as much as possible last night events. I walked down to the kitchen to see Jane setting at the table playing on her phone drinking a cup of coffee. I just went right to the cupboard grabbing a bowl and a box a cereal and eat it standing up, I just thought it was best not to sit near her because it would just temp another fight and I was tired of fighting.

"Oh River don't you just look handsome in your uniform, you will have every girl in that school drooling over you" Lana, Jane Mother said walking in the kitchen with a smile as she poured her cup of coffee.

"Thank you Ma'am, but I am not going there to attract female attention, I am going to make sure Jane is safe" I said as Jane made scoff noise and got up and left the kitchen and I rolled my eyes as Jane mother watched her leave

"don't worry about her, she will come around eventually just give her time, and don't be so strict loosen up a bit and try to have fun" she said as she patted my arm and left the room leaving me alone

This was going to be a long day, as I washed my bowl and felt my phone vibrate. I pulled out my phone to see, a text from mark saying Tiffany was picking up all the girls, and they would be there in six minutes. I went to go grab the bag that I had left in the closet. As I was walking down the stairs I saw Jane trying to leave without her being seen or heard as my phone vibrated again. I hurried down the stairs and out the front door, as I closed it loader Jane looked back up before she got in Tiffany's car. I could see Mark's car behind hers and walked over to it and sat in the back seat.