Chapter 39

Jane

I was furious when I got home after everything that happened, leaving that weird family house and River being a complete ass about everything. He had the nerve to say I was confused what this was he kissed me all the time I never insinuated any of this. I was in my room ferrous and agitated about everything, who does he think he is breaking up this fake relationship for whatever reason. River just made me so angry and upset all the time. Tiffany was no help saying I was overreacting and be dramatic cause for some reason in her head, I didn't want the fake relationship to end.

I was so hyped form being angry and mad at him, I didn't realize it was getting late I need to get to bed. But it was hard to sleep as I was so mad at the River I wanted to strangle him while he sleeps peacefully not even bothered by this. I was laying, playing on my phone when I heard voices outside my room as I put the phone on the night stand quickly and closed my eyes. My light was still on but if I turned it off now they would know I was awake. I couldn't hear what was being said, but I froze as I heard my door open and close hearing footsteps walking toward the bed. The bed moved as I stayed silent and still.

Nothing happened for a while as I peaked under my lashes as I heard a weird sound he was riding his hands over his head. It looked like he had shaved his head as his hair was very closely cut to his head, when earlier it was not much longer but it was noticeable. My eyes traveled to his back, he didn't have a shirt on and in the reflection of the lamp his skin was shining like he had been sweating. But my eyes stopped at his back as I saw for the second time the scars all over his back. The scares were disturbed as they went all different directions and were all different lengths. There were layers of them, some looked different from others I guess they were older or deeper. I was tempted to reach out and touch them as I hated the feeling they cause in the pit of my stomach.

I decided not to touch him as he might cut my hand off since he got very angry when I questioned him before he flipped out. I hated seeing them though it was weird who could have done this to him, why what did he do to deserve that type of treatment or what even made those marks. River movie and I shut my eyes quickly, fearing he saw me staring at the marks on his back. But the bed moved slightly, but there was still a dip in the bed as I heard something hit the flooring daring I peeked under my lashes to see River being over I guess he was taking off his shoes off, which was confusing but as he sat back up I shut my eyes trying to look like I'm sleeping. I tried not to jump when I felt his hand slowly moved a piece of hair off my face as I felt his thumb slowly brush over the top of my cheekbone. I was almost panicked did he know I was awake was he testing me. I wanted to hit his hand away cause I was still furious with him.

But he stopped sighing, and I heard the lamp click as the light I could see behind my eyelids became dark. I also felt him stand up and start walking away. I was quieter this time from his shoes being off. My stomach sank as I realized he was leaving me almost realized I wasn't asleep by stopping him. But quickly stopped when I felt the other side of my bed moved and the blanket and felt Rivers body move closer to mine. I wanted to ask what he was doing, he just told me like five hours ago that we need to stop pretending to be in a fake relationship. He said I was confused what this was and he wonders why doing shit like this is very confusing. He acts like a boyfriend that caring and wants to be with me on mine, then a complete ass the next and pushing me away. I felt his arm lay over my side and across my stomach as he pulled me in closer to him so my back was pressed firmly against his chest. I felt like I was shaking in anticipation of what he was going to do, I bit my bottom lip, waiting for him to say or do something when I felt his breath in the crease of my neck. His lip pressed down on me softly and gently lingering for a moment.

The kiss sent a jolt throughout my body I wanted him to do more, as I arched my back a bit, giving him more accused as a sign to do more I wanted more. But he didn't as I moved he slides his other arm under my head as he pulled my body in a little closer. I waited, wanting more scared because I didn't know what to expect confused and still angry. Mostly I was angry with myself that I was allowing this to happen after everything he has done, but I still wanted him here and I hated that. However, nothing else happened, I fell asleep listening to his deep breathing that was comforting.