Chapter 12

River

I drifted off to sleep as I laid on the hood of Mark's car, it was a nice cloudy day with a light breeze making it not too hot to hang outside. I really just wasn't in the mood to deal with Jane at this time, I was sure she was pissed and me being intoxicated was not a good mix. I was waken by the can moving as I opened my eyes quickly to see Mark sitting down next to me with food in his hand. He offered me a wrapped sandwich that looked pretty good coming from a school.

"Thanks" I said sitting up and taking it as he handed me a soda to

"so, why are you hiding out here?" I grunted

"not so much hiding just avoiding" I said unwrapping the turkey sandwich and taking a bit

"avoiding, the school or Jane, she seemed pretty pissed when she walked into first period" I laughed

"when is the girl not pissed?" I said as I looked around and saw people scattered eating food

"so what did you do" I shrugged

"she just pissed that I would rather fuck around with girls then play her little games" I said as marked laugh

"really I would play her game if I were you, she is a very hot" I shrugged not caring what he said; "come on River don't play dumb with me, I've never seen you act like this with any girl"

"what does it matter? Nothing ever going to happen even if I wanted it to" I said getting a little irritated with him

"don't get so defensive man, I'm just saying you're like a clone of Dante, except for looks, most girls are attracted to guy like their father" I stood up very irritated with the direction that conversation was going in

"Mark you need to drop it, I don't want her and she doesn't want me, plus she has a boyfriend who is high-ranking and has a lot of money, exactly like her father, so before you try pulling this crap again" I said walking off back to toward the school.

"come on man I was just asking don't get all pissed off, it was a reasonable assumption to make biased on both of your actions"

"whatever, I should be getting to whatever class I'm suppose to be in" I said walking up the stairs of the school

"where all at lunch, but we have P.E. next which will be fun"

I  walked with him not respond as he rambled on about that had gone on with everyone as I napped outside. I just don't care about this school, I already complete school and don't care much to repeat that even though this was a normal school. we walked into the men's locker room, where we meet the coach talked for a while about stuff that seemed pretty dumb to have to stated and handed us gym shorts and a tee-shirt. we started changing as other people trickle into the locker room. I felt uncomfortable when it came to changing my shirt with other around. I had a lot of muscles and girls seems to love touching them, but had a lot of scars on my back that were very prominent. I could see Mark hesitate and was probably thinking the same thing, not really want to scare the pampered rich kids.