(1) "We aren't Kids Anymore"

It was night time they had spent most of the day running around getting her last name changed. They were in the room that was considered their home office getting it set up with their stuff. She had finished her area and was helping Bucky with his desk area. Bucky had a stack full of envelopes from colleges that wanted him to come play for them. 

Bucky had long forgotten about his letter from Harvard. He just tossed it with the other college hopefuls. He knew that he didn't talk to anyone from Harvard the only reason why he was getting a offer was because of his last name. He's considered a legacy there and a legacy he didn't want. As Cassidy was going through the box she found the stack of no's. 

"Buck?" She said 

"Yeah" he said as he plugged his laptop charger under his desk. 

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" She said as she held up the big envelope. 

"Cass darlin..dont. They only reason they want me is because of my last name and who my family is." He said as he sat back on the floor. 

She looked down. 

"Cass..don't give me that look." He said 

She sat the stack on the floor and got up. 

"Baby where are you going? I thought you were helping me." He said as she walked out. 

He followed her out as she ran upstairs. When he reached their bedroom she was starting to get ready for bed.

"Baby what are you doing?" He said 

"I'm going to bed..I'm tired." She said as she laid down. 

"Cass..I." He said then he walked back downstairs. 

By the time he finished it was midnight he finally came to bed. He snuggled up behind and kissed her head. The next morning he woke up alone he heard water running from the bathroom. He joined her in the shower he went to kiss and wrap his arms around her but she pushed him away and got out. 

"Cassidy.." he said 

He finished in the shower and found her pulling her school uniform on. 

"I don't understand Cass! Why? You agreed to go to college with me! Why is it now you are back on the Ivy League colleges again?" He said as he pulled his button down on. 

"Because I worked really hard to get good grades I take AP classes. I want to go to medical school. You would know that if you actually bothered to get to know me. But you don't know me you don't know anything about me!" She yelled at him. 

"I know the important stuff." He said as he put his tie around his neck. 

She looked at him confused. 

"I know you hate being called CJ,I know that your favorite color is purple even though you love pink roses. I know when you are having a bad day you eat the mini Reese's cups. I know that your favorite ice cream is rocky road. You prefer pizza over tacos..I know the important stuff. Like how Christmas is your favorite holiday and you prefer a winter vacation over a hot summer spot. I know that your birthday is two days after mine. So don't tell me that I don't know you.." he said as he walked over to her. 

She looked down. 

"I want to go to college where nobody knows me. Or expects me to be a certain way. Yes I am a football player but I'm not dumb. I have two incredibly smart parents just like yours. But I want to get into college on my own merit not because of my last name." He said