Promise

hiii i wasn't really planning to update this sooner bcoz i've been really busy since my online classes started but i had an inspiration (lmao that "inspiration", yeah we broke off so if i don't update sooner it's bcoz of him dec. 15,2020)

Y/N's POV

We were cut off by,

"Calling all passengers for flight U73582SA, Seoul to California. Please get ready to board the plane." [never rode a plane or been to an airport before so dunno how this works ajdhsjshs kbai]

At that I look up,

'Ahh it's time..'

I frown a bit, but shake it off. Why am I even expecting anything, gosh get a grip Y/N.

Baekhyun oppa patted my back,

"Well I guess there's really no changing your mind, even after I just gave you that speech hahahaha" tears suddenly rolled down my face.

"Aish, w-why am I even tearing up? This is all because of you *sniffle*" I tried wiping my tears with my sleeves,

"You take care of yourself, you understand? And focus on your studies! If I get news that you have a boyfriend I will personally drag you back in here" he says, to which we both laugh at.

"Ha ha ha whatever! I'm gonna go there to fulfill my dreams, I have no rooms for boys whatsoever." I said rolling my eyes

"That better be the case, you brat"

I take my luggage and get ready to board on but someone suddenly touched my shoulder.

Chanyeol's POV

I can't believe we're stuck in traffic, at all times it just had to be today. It's even this early for fuck's sake.  What if I don't make it on time ughhh

I bring my phone out and dial Y/N's number, she didn't pick up. I was frustrated at this point so I quickly dialed Baekhyun's number this time.

"Oh, Chanyeol? About time you @/?*#(@#')/$! Where the hell are you?!" is what answered me,

"Where is she?! Don't tell me she boarded already fuck, please it's not too late right" my emotions started to kick in, fuck I hate this.

How can I forget what happened just last night I'm so stupid, I want Y/N to know my feelings.

"Hey you seriously crying over there? You better hurry I swear to God, she's about to board. And..."

"And? And what??"

"Well uhh, just hurry up!" and then he hungs up.

Thankfully after just a few minutes we arrived at the airport, I quickly paid and thanked the driver before running inside.

I see a familiar back so I run to it, tapping their shoulder while catching my breath.

After standing straight I get hit in the face,

"It's a good thing you're not too late tsk. Now talk her out of going abroad, she's about to board" Baekhyun points to Y/N with Jungkook? And why do they both have bags? It's only supposed to be Y/N!

"What the hell is that guy doing here?!" I asked getting pissed.

"Dunno, better hurry if I were you"

I don't waste any more time and go up to them, interrupting their conversation. Y/N was surprised to see me and tried to avoid my stare also about to go enter the gate but I pulled her by the wrist.

"Can.. can we talk? Just for a bit I promise"

"Ah haha of course, you better go first Jungkook" she awkwardly waves as if signaling him to leave.

"I'll wait for you so we can pass the gate together, so uhm.." he spares me a look before continuing "you better hurry, wouldn't want to be late"

'What the heck does he mean, don't tell me it's what I'm thinking'

He finally leaves us two so I face Y/N,

"H-hey so–"

"I love you Y/N." she suddenly looks at me in the face, shock written all over her face.

"What..? Y-you love me haha you must be j-joking right *sniffle*" I immediately wipe the tears running down her face and engulf her in a tight hug.

"You have no idea how much I do, so please stop crying. I'm sorry I know I hurt you. You mean the whole world to me-no, you are my whole world. I'll do everything to get you to love me back–" she fists my chest, stopping me.

"H-how dare you confess to me at this time! *sniffle* I was about to forget you, I'm about to board the fucking plane for goodness sake then you suddenly appear and confess to me *waaaahhhh* I hate you!" people were already starting to stare at us, it seemed like they were watching us out of a drama.

"You don't know how long I've liked you Chanyeol, I may even love you at this point. But I don't think this is right for us, I hope you find someone that'll make you happy.." she was turning to leave but I made her face me and kissed her.

I felt hot tears gliding down from my own eyes and let her go. I held both her hands intertwining them to mine,

"Please let's make this work, I love you so much, please. I won't stop you from going but at least promise me that you'll come back to me. I want you to come back to me, I'll be waiting. I don't care how long you'll take but if you promise me here now that you'll come back to me, until then you will be the only person holding my whole heart and soul." I didn't care how desperate I seemed right now, I love Y/N to this extent.

"Last call to all passengers for flight U73582SA, Seoul to California. Please enter the gates because the plane will be taking off in a few moments."

She doesn't look at me and goes to the gates.

'Ha so this is her answer,'

But she stops in her tracks and turns around, and her mouth forms the words "I promise you" before getting in. Making my whole world seem to lighten up.

But after she's out of view one little fucking detail ruins my whole world (again).

Why the fuck did Jungkook go in with her?!?!

wazzupppp y'all!!! ok so tbh i srly planned on really ending this but HAHSHSHAHSHAGEHSA change of plans i guess? sooooooooorryyyy for the looooong wait huhu,, i hope you like the update (。’▽’。)

MINSEOK IS BACK!!!! XIUMIN IN YOUR AREAAAAAA i missed him sooo much it's good he's back and we having kyungsoo baby very soooooonnn too! Y'all EXO this year was busy af even tho they're like on a leave as a group and expensive on my part too i bought a ton of albums now me broke but still continuing to do it (╥﹏╥) ALSO STREAM KAI'S SOLO AND BAEKHYUN'S NEW SINGLEEEE

kbaiii see ya next year happy holidays <3

- Author-nim