So I Walked Out of Hell...

AN: The cover art is mine and I have to live with it.

Beta'd by DragonKingDragoneel25!

XXXXX

Hell. It wasn't something Daikaiju had a concept of and even if they did, many of them most likely wouldn't care. What was a blazing inferno to a titan, even if it lasted for eternity? A few would probably even be eager to crawl, slither, fly and stampede into the abyss, ready to conquer and destroy all that stood in their way with a glee humans couldn't imagine beasts would have in their minds, their chaos instinct focused minds.

But Daikaiju were smarter than what most of the humans have them credit for and, scarier yet, hell was all too real. Godzilla, standing at one hundred and seventy seven meters, could attest to both of these things, a raging nuclear powerhouse, the god of destruction, and now the conqueror of Hell itself. He faced trial after trial, worse than what he ever went through in the land of the living, and despite the odds, the horrors, the nightmares of the past, he made it. He would be free once more.

He scaled the mountain, the body of Hell's mighty guardian, and marched towards the opening. He could feel in his flesh made of living Hell Bats whose minds he dominated to his will, still covering his bones. Freedom was within his grasp within a few steps. He closed his eyes and stepped forward through the gate.

"It is better to conquer yourself... than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. This cannot be taken from you... not by angels, or demons... Heaven or Hell." - Buddha

XXXXX

Utter darkness that was followed by pain. Immense pain is what hit Godzilla's senses first. His skin was burning, his bones felt as if they were reforming, and with his physical shift came a shift in his mind. The agony came harder than any beam or missile and he cried out in pain, roaring a great and powerful, "Skrreeooongk!" Then came nothing. Just an eerie calm that almost made the great Daikaiju shudder out of anticipation of what awaited next.

Water, fresh sea water is what hit Godzilla's hide next. The King of the Daikaiju opened his eyes and was greeted to the sight of the open ocean, probably somewhere in the Arctic or Antarctic from the feel of it. The temperature of such a place never bothered him as he was naturally hot blooded thanks to his nuclear energy filled body.

His body. It felt strange, as if it wasn't truly his. Godzilla took that moment to look over himself and his bright orange eyes went wide with what he saw, what had become of his great saurian bulk. Mostly the fact that his body was no longer such. His body remade into the shape of a human, scales were gone, replaced by what looked to be tan human skin. He immediately felt around his head, his face remade into the shape of man with hair atop his head. It felt short, probably spiky once he was out of the water and dry. His teeth at least still felt sharp. He also still felt his tail, swishing around, and he could feel his dorsal plates on his back. That was good at least but even more strange, he was wearing an outfit of some sort he saw the humans wear near the beaches, dark gray swim shorts with blue lines on the sides, dark gray fingerless gloves, and footwear that left his toes out. He needed to find a reflective surface and see just what was wrong.

He immediately went up to the surface. Nowhere to land. He looked down and saw a face that was not his but moved as he did. His face was that of a young man with a mop of spiky blue highlighted hair. His eyes were still the same at least, being bright orange and slitted.

"What the hell?" He muttered, not noticing how human his speech was until a second after. "What the hell!?" A voice that wasn't his coming from his mouth. It was deep at least but Godzilla didn't speak in the language of the little evolved apes. He also didn't resemble them either, so now that he thought about, the language was the least of his worries. Was he even still a Daikaiju at this point? He felt big, but he figured humans always felt like that. He was sure the arrogance was now in his system and he nearly wretched.