10

"Why do you put up with me?"

"Because you're fire and I have been cold my whole life"

A.R.Asher

She stared intensely at the man in front of her to see if probably she had mistaken another person to be Leondre. Her gut feeling told her that she was right about the person that stood in her presence.

But why did he seem so cold? His eyes were devoid of any emotions. It was just a blank stare towards her

Leondre on the other hand played the ignorance card. He pretended not to know who she was but deep down his insides were screaming her name.

"You are in my way" He finally spoke few minutes later

Cyane blinked once then twice before she understood what he had said.

"I'm sorry" she moved aside.

Leondre gave her a once over scrutinizing her outfit and without saying a word he walked away.

She stood at the same spot and her eyes followed his trail.

Did he know it was her?

If he did then why was he like that?

The questions remained in her mind even as she watched him enter the brothel.

She was astonished at what she had seen but her aunt had already put her through that the men at Ixar found joy being in brothels.

She pivoted and walked back to the tavern. The walk was long and tiring, she pondered on how she even managed to have gotten so far.
When she got to the tavern, she was exhausted and sweat trickled down her face, she was looking messy.

Malina was already seated outside the tavern with her arms folded and when their gazes met Cyane knew what was coming next.

Lectures were one of things that she always tried avoiding from Malina because she would go on and on about how something was supposed to be which bored her a lot.

There were times when she would zone out and let Malina keep talking until she was done. Sometimes when Malina figured out that Cyane hadn't been listening to her she would get infuriated and start all over again.

"I couldn't let the money go just like that" Cyane waved the pouch from where she stood for Malina to see.

Malina maintained a straight face and turned her gaze to her side, she was trying so hard to control herself from bursting into laughter right in front of Cyane.

She stylishly used her hand to cover her mouth.

"It's ok you can laugh" Cyane shrugged her shoulders, "You are free"

And then all broke loose as Malina burst into a fit. She held her stomach after a while as she had slowly began running out of air but couldn't reign in the laughter.

Cyane felt shy, she knew why she was being laughed at. She had made a fool of herself in the process of trying to get her money back.