30

She whispered to the
darkness
and sang to the
sun

She called to the
shadows
until it all was
done

Cyane walked slowly while heading back to her room. Her cloak clung to her body like a second skin, she could feel its silk nature on her.

The night was cold and so she folded her arms within the cloak rubbing them with the hope of generating body heat to try and keep warm.
The better alternative would have been for her to shift into her wild but she was an unshifted wolf.

Carac walked silently behind her dressed in a guard's uniform which protected him from the cold weather.
He stopped once he got to the door and watched as Cyane reached for the knob and turned it open.
She had put only a foot in when a guard came to the corridor and signaled for Carac to follow him. Cyane became curious, she wanted to know what was wrong for Carac to be called like that

"Miss, I have to go, please don't leave your chambers"

"Is something wrong?"

"No"

Before she could say something else he was already out the door.
Cyane closed the door behind her and went to the bed. She took off her cloak and hung it on a cloth rack. She was so fatigued that she fell on the bed and slept off.

~*~

The morning sun flooded into the room, the curtain had done little to obstruct it. Cyane blinked her eyes then used her hand to block the rays of sunlight from her face. She turned and laid on her side and a moan escaped her lips. Her eyes flickered around then she shut them back and a second later they opened forcefully.

"Oh no" She got up from the bed then ran into the bathroom, she had woken up late.

~*~

Leondre sat at a round table with the rest of the royal family except Reuel. His hands were intertwined and they rested on his thighs. He had zoned out on their discussion concerning the recent attacks on their family.

"What do you think Leondre?" Magnus asked

"Huh?" He looked at Levi then Magnus simultaneously.

"What do we do about the Lords and Ladies still here?" He further clarified his question for Leondre, he could see that he was lost in their conversation

"The tournament is over" Leondre waved his hand in a bored manner.

"Are you saying we should let them go?" Cilian was curious to know what Leondre had in mind about the attempted assassination on his brother.

"No, not until we catch the assassins first" Leondre clarified his statement

"Now that the tournament is over and out of the way, we have to get to it already" Magnus chimed in.