BONUS

NOTICE:

This event took place before the tournament

Why am I posting it?
Because you deserve this scene

Now and forever

The sounds of laughter filled the air, the men around her were all drinking and laughing. The smell of ale was so strong in the air that Cyane had to crinkle her nose a few times in disgust. The men gambled with the little money they had which made Cyane wonder what would become of them if they eventually lost all the money. These men had families that were starving and instead of bringing the much they had home they were gambling it all away.  She stood beside Leondre and watched as he played with them. Among all of them present, Leondre seemed to be the one most buoyant enough. How he kept getting the money he was using remained a mystery to Cyane. When it felt as though he was going to lose out in the game, he would just sneakily dip his hands into his pockets and come out with two extra coins.

The game had been going on for a while and Cyane’s heart had sunk to her stomach, no matter how much she or Leondre didn’t want to admit it, they were losing. Leondre was losing out in the game but he was still trying to maintain his demeanor.

“Leo, don’t you think you should stop? You might lose all your money.”

Leondre smiled and side glanced her, “Calm down Cyane, I'm not going to lose.”

“I'm not that worried but you are losing, I feel for your family.”

Leondre chuckled at her last statement. He knew his family wouldn’t even feel the loss of seventy gold coins. They had a lot to last them for so many generations to come and Cyane was unfortunate to be oblivious about it. “My family would not care.”

“Well mine would.” Her honest statement was enough to bring a smile on his face, he wasn’t ready to let her in on his little secret any time soon. Leondre brought out a money pouch and placed it on the table then pushed it forward, “All in.” He announced which suddenly brought delight to all the men seated at the table because they knew that Leondre was losing. They all brought their own money pouches and pushed them in too uttering the same words that Leondre had used, “All in.”

They went for another round and unfortunately Leondre lost again. He gritted his teeth and for a second wished he had listened to Cyane but he wasn’t ready to admit that just yet.

“I need something else to gamble with. “ He looked around in frustration. “Something valuable.” Then his gaze fell on Cyane’s neck. The necklace she wore winked devilishly at him and Cyane noticing where he was staring at quickly covered her neck with both of her hands immediately.

“No.”

“I will win it back. I promise. “ Leondre pleaded but she refused.

“No.”

“Alright. “ He dipped his hand into his pocket and fished out one last gold coin. “I guess that I haven’t ran out of luck then.” Cyane felt relieved because Leondre had finally lost interest in her necklace. She wasn’t ready to lose something that has been with her all throughout her childhood because of a mere game.  Leondre twirled the coin between his fingers and at once suddenly dragged Cyane’s necklace right from her neck and threw both items on the table.

“What have you done?!” Cyane’s face morphed into horror. Leondre had just gambled away with her priceless possession.

“Cyane, it's just a necklace besides it is quite old. I would replace it.”