20

We are all wolves howling to the same moon

Cyane woke up to the sound of her name being called and she answered sleepily. Her vision was hazy and her body was too fatigued to get up from the bed. In her state, she began considering if she could still go to work.

What was the use when her colleagues treated her like an outcast and not one of their own?

With that thought in mind she fell back to the bed only to be woken up this time by a shriek coming from the outside.

She jerked up sharply and her neck turned towards the door as she pondered on what that sound could have been. She pushed the bedsheets aside and beelined for the door but that was after she had worn a cloak over herself to throw wandering eyes away from her night dress; the frail shift that she wore to bed every time.

She held the inside of the cloak with her hands as goosebumps rose over her skin. The cloak did well to cover her from the cold that had bopped its head early in the morning. The morning sun had risen and its light shined on the grounds casting dim shadows of the men and women, young and old.

She bumped into Boris at the door and he looked anxious about something which was enough to have her senses at alert and any form of sleep leave her eyes. She was fully awake now, "What is it?"

"You need to see this"

"See what?" Her forehead creased

He didn't say another word as he took off in the direction that he wanted her to follow and she was right behind trying to pick up with his pace. They soon arrived in front of the tavern and she was confused as to why he had brought her there when suddenly something caught her eye.

Furniture

There in front of the tavern was a furniture that was being carried in by an able bodied man.

She walked further into the tavern and noticed that inside had been transformed. There were new chairs all over the place. Their tavern had suddenly gone from being managed to exquisite and as such prominent people in the society could stop by for a drink or two.

Cyane's eyes widened and her jaw dropped.

"Surprised?" Malina was suddenly right beside her

"How?"

Malina shook her head, "I don't know either but whoever did this has my gratitude"

Cyane stood still, she couldn't get over the fact that an anonymous person had done this for them. It clearly had to be someone with enough money and her mind began wondering over who it was that had done it.

Whoever it was had to have visited their tavern to know the situation it was in before doing something as good natured as this. The new chairs that were brought were made of rich wood that they couldn't afford with their present finance. They were still trying to make ends meet and no way would they waste it all on chairs.

Her mind landed on one person that she felt it had to be.

Leondre

It had to be him, he was the only one she knew of who had visited since she hardly stayed around the house to know who came in and left besides Leondre was the future king of the ten provinces. That alone screamed wealth.

She needed to say thank you to him one way or another but how was she going to do it when she couldn't even stand in front of him any longer?

It still surprised her that all this time she had been in the company of the sole heir to the throne.