5

Two souls don't find each other by simple accident

"Do you think she would make it?"
Levi put his hair up in a bun, his hair was white and as such was greatly admired by everyone. It was rare for someone to have such hair and coupled with being a Royal compliments were given all the time even when it wasn't needed and he had to smile for he was of a calm nature.

"I don't know" Reuel was greatly disturbed, he had already taken a liking to Cyane within the few moments he had come to know her and he hoped deep inside him that she survived.
His fingers for no reason had gotten his attention.

The events from the previous day still clouded their minds like a fog in the mountain

"Would she make it to sunset?"
Levi looked out the window, the sun was out and there was no sign of nimbus in the sky.

"I hope so, we shouldn't have let her climb that steep in the first place" Reuel buried his face in his palms, "We should have told her what had already happened to the deer"

"We couldn't, she's smart she would ask more questions" Levi stepped away from the mirror and sat down on the chair with Reuel beside him while Leondre sat at a corner.
The boys shared a look as they watched their eldest brother, Leondre could feel their eyes on him and he feigned ignorance. He didn't want them to know that he was also worried about her.

He blamed himself, if only he hadn't run in, if he had just left with her back then but he thought it silly of her to think that they needed help. They were not just any wolves but Royals and their was no way that they could get lost. Their sense of smell was profounding to find their way back home and besides they had guards assigned to them.
No king would leave his child unguarded and he smiled when he realized how naive she had been, she had no idea who they were.

He kept still hearing his brothers talk about a girl they barely knew. They felt sad for her and he did too but he wouldn't show it.
The thought of her dying would be very heartbreaking, he didn't know her but her spirit was unbreakable. She was courageous but too young to notice that she was being fooled by his brothers

"Okay I have had enough" he got up from the chair and left.
The boys gazes met, a knowing smirk appeared on their faces, they knew what he was about to do

"Get the prayer candle" Abbot Mateo walked to the altar, while the monk scurried off to carry out his instructions.
Antonio walked in slowly, his footsteps were inaudible and his expression was gloomy, he looked very tired.

The Abbot watched him closely, he looked sad and troubled. Cyane's condition was eating at his heart, he hadn't slept a wink.

"Antonio" The Abbot called and his head moved towards the direction of his call.

"Abbot" He bowed his head in respect

"What troubles you?" He felt the need to ask him even though he knew what was going through his mind, it wasn't a secret to everyone about the incident earlier.

"Cyane's health is detoriating, the physician says she might not make it to sunset and.." He hesitated and cleared his throat,"I'm sorry Abbot, I.." He rubbed the back of his head , his gaze was cast on the floor then he walked away.
The Abbot stared after him, he felt pity for him and even he couldn't deny that he had slightly gotten attached to the wolf girl.

Rane was tired, she had stayed awake all night watching Cyane who slept peacefully. She blamed herself for her predicament. If only she hadn't let her out of her side, she would be healthy at the moment and not lying in an infirmary.