24

I love this feeling
This feeling of calm

"I'm sorry, I mean Lord Reuel"

Reuel chuckled low and sedate, "It's Ok Cyane, I would rather prefer it if you called me by my name"

"But I.." She was adamant to go along with his offer, it was already obvious, he was a Royal and she was a low class. Her presence in the castle had only being requested just for her medical services and nothing else, "I don't think it is right to..."

"It is to me" He eyed her up and stretched his hand out towards her, "I can see you were going back to meet my Uncle, mind if I join you?"

She shook her head then took his outstretched hand, it felt warm and gentle to her touch, "Thank you Lor.. I mean Reuel"

He gave her a warm smile, "Shall we?"

~*~

The walk back to the King's chambers was silent, Cyane was nervous as hell, she didn't know how to start a conversation or if it was even right to start one in the first place. She ran her hands nervously on her dress, straightening it. She did so quietly trying to not let Reuel know that she was a bit uneasy

"You don't have to be afraid of me, I won't hurt you"

"I'm not afraid of you" she denied, fiddling with her fingers in the process, Reuel's gaze flickered from her conjoined fingers pressed in front of her dress and back to her face that hadn't looked in his direction since they left her room and a smile formed on his lips.

When they got to the room, Leondre was seated at his Father's side, he saw them enter but pretended not to have seen it. His eyes didn't leave his Father's face for one second but his senses were well aware of the two that had just entered and most importantly the light giggle that had escaped Cyane's lips. His head turned towards the direction of where the sound had come from, and there she stood beside Reuel trying so hard not to break into laughter.

Leondre looked away before their eyes could meet, he was sure that Reuel hadn't told her about Allie yet. He wondered what Cyane would do when she got to know about Allie seeing as his brother's charms were already working on her slowly.

Cyane lowered her head in respect to him and Leondre pretended not to have seen her action since acknowledging it would only upset him.

"Your grace.." Cyane had opened her mouth to speak but Reuel beat her to it.

"Forgive me brother for not having visited anytime sooner, I hope that It isn't too late" he bowed his head, "And I bumped into Cyane on the way here"

Cyane didn't miss the fact that Reuel had lied about meeting her on the way and she felt hurt at his words, the  look on her face gave it all away which Leondre didn't fail to miss. Reuel drew Cyane closer to him, bent down to her ear level and whispered which Leondre heard clearly, "Could you leave us for a while?"

She nodded and bowed towards them and in no time was she already at the other side.

Reuel walked to his Uncle's bed and lowered his face in sadness, "Let me guess, Cyane's here because of him"

"She is" Leondre got up from the chair he was sitting on and walked towards the window, the fire hearth in the room had died off hours ago and needed to be restocked, "Is it about the tournament?"