Birthday!

It's been a couple of days since Nationals and you were getting ready for school, all night you were preparing for your exams coming up and didn't even notice the bags under your eyes.

You took a long look in the mirror and noted your appearance.
You eye was also doing very well, it had fully healed and there was only a little scar under your eye from where that bitch cut you.
But you didn't mind, it looked kinda cool.

You were rushing to school as you noted that you were gonna be late.

You ran into your homeroom class and got lectured by the teacher. Kuroo of course laughing at you.

You took your seat next to him and pulled out your text books.

"Hey beautiful." He smirked.

"Morning *Yawn* Tetsurou."

"Didn't get much sleep?"

"I studied wayyy to late last night...hence why I was late, I slept in.."

He chuckled as he turned his attention to the talking teacher. He was explaining what would be on their exam and what to study.

You rested your head on your hand as they spoke, knowing full well that Kuroo would help you study for chemistry.

🌹🌹🌹

Finally lunch came around and Kuroo pulled you off to the library.

"We aren't eating with Kenma or Ukie?"

He shook his head as he at you down at your old favorite spot.

You looked around as memories of you coming here every lunch with a book curled up to your face, and the time you and Kuroo played twenty one questions here as well.

"Do you remember what today is y/n?"

You pondered for a moment. "I don't even know what if it's Monday of Thursday Tetsu."

He let out a chuckle and reached into his bag and pulled out a small box.
"Happy 18th birthday y/n."

Your eyes widened at the realization. "Oh my.. I guess I was too busy worrying about exams that I didn't realize my birthday was today..that's embarrassing."

Kuroo nudge the box closer to you. "Here open it."

You took the small box from him and opened it slowly, noting how it was wrapped in your favorite colour. Oh how you still admired how much he remembers.

Inside the box, you pulled out a small ring, it was rose gold with the words: I promise.

You looked up to Kuroo who was blushing hard and holding his signature smirk.

"Tetsu is this?"

"A promise ring? Yes." He came closer to you and grabbed the ring, putting it on your finger.
"I love you so much y/n, and I promise that I always will, this ring will be a placement holder for now, but it signifies my love for you, and how I promise myself to you. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you y/n. I don't care how long it takes to marry you, but one day I will. "

Tears started to swell your eyes.

Oh how only almost a year ago, you sat down at your first period class, finding out that your neighbor was going to be your chem partner. Never you thought that he'd be here, promising himself to you.
You remembered all the moments you both shared together, your first date, your first kiss, your first 'I love yous' it all came washing over you and you couldn't help but cry.

You were going to miss him, and it killed you.

"Tetsu.. Thank you.. This.. I-"

He leaned in for a kiss, making your shut up.
You cupped your hand around his cheek and felt tears on his face as well.