Chapter 4: The Great King

Chapter 4:

"I'm cheering for Karasuno, just to let you know..." Kaiya teased playfully.

"Very funny." Iwaizumi rolled his eyes.

The two were in the small gym setting up for the boys' volleyball practice game against Karasuno. Kaiya and her team were going to be practicing there after.

"Where's Oikawa?" She asked flatly, "Shouldn't the team captain be here to help?"

"He's with Nakamura-san..." He chuckled, "You don't wanna know what they're doing..."

Kaiya shuddered at the thought of Oikawa's disgusting, crusty lips.

"Ew."

"He'll be here in a bit," Iwaizumi added as she trailed behind him, "He still needs to warm up."

"Whatever... I don't care." She shrugged.

Before Iwaizumi could reply, the rest of the boys' team entered the gymnasium.

"Miya-san!" Yahaba, the team's second-year back-up setter, exclaimed, "You're looking beautiful today!"

"You sound desperate, Yahaba." Watari, the team's second-year libero, sighed tiredly.

"Good luck today, boys!" Kaiya smiled gently, "You'll need it!"

"Wow... That's harsh, Miya-senpai..." Kunimi, the team's first-year wing spiker, mumbled softly.

"I'm kidding," She patted Kunimi's head reassuringly, "I know you'll be great!"

"Thanks..."

Kaiya waved goodbye at Iwaizumi and made her way to the stands where the rest of her team and some other spectators were excitedly waiting. She sat down beside her vice-captain who had a humongous, unrequited crush on Oikawa.

"Miya-san! Did you hear?" She giggled.

"What?" Kaiya raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Oikawa-san's going to be playing this match!" She clapped her hands excitedly, "His knee is almost healed!"

"He was injured?" Kaiya blinked in confusion, "I didn't know that..."

"Yeah... A few months ago, he fell on it during a match and it was bad..." Her vice-captain explained, "I thought you knew since you're close with Iwaizumi-san."

"No... I didn't..." She cleared her throat.

Kaiya genuinely did not know that Oikawa had gotten hurt. They weren't in the same class during their second-year so that could explain why, however, she was around him enough times, and yet, she still didn't notice. He must have hidden his frustrations behind a wall of sarcastic remarks and flouncy statements.

If there was one thing that Kaiya liked about Oikawa (and there weren't a lot of things that she liked about him), it would be his passion for volleyball.

Sometimes, she wished she had that kind of dedication in her heart.

"There's Karasuno's team!" Her vice-captain gasped as she pointed at the door.

As she scanned Karasuno's team, Kaiya recognized one of the boys. She widened her eyes, surprised that he attended that school.

"Let's do this!" The bald-looking boy on their team shouted.

As the practice game commenced, Seijoh won the first set, however, Karasuno dominated the second set thanks to the orange-haired, short first-year, and their black-haired setter. Kaiya was impressed - she didn't know that a quick attack like that was even humanly possible.