Chapter 41: Yours

Chapter 41:

The next two weeks were pretty much a blur - whilst Kaiya was helping Oikawa study for his exams, she was also speed-painting for her portfolio. Kaiya eventually submitted her renewed art portfolio right on the deadline and was now anxiously waiting for a response from Shiota Chiharu. She also had to tell her father about the exhibition if she got chosen but she didn't know how she would do that. Still, she would deal with that issue if she got accepted. She didn't want to get her hopes up too much again in case she got rejected.

Currently, Oikawa, Iwaizumi, and Kaiya were at her house, studying and hanging out. Kaiya's friend, Hamasaki Yui, and a bunch of their classmates, including Matsukawa and Hanamaki, were on their way to her house to study for final exams as a group. It felt surreal to her that so many people were going to be at her house - after all, she was usually alone. Her life was so different from months ago, and she learned how to open herself up to people thanks to...

Kaiya's gaze trailed off to Oikawa who was being berated by Iwaizumi for not understanding a relatively simple concept in biology about the nervous system. In less than a year, Oikawa had changed her life, whether or not he meant for it to. He motivated and inspired her to chase her dreams, and he provided her with feelings of comfort, support, and affection that she never thought would be possible. She was just a girl, but Oikawa made her feel so much more than that.

Kaiya wondered if she was falling in love with Oikawa...

Because if she was, she was simultaneously thrilled and horrified at that thought.

"Kaiya-chan, help me!" Oikawa whined.

"Focus on your notes, Oikawa!" She exclaimed, causing him to groan in annoyance.

Nobody in their school knew that they were "dating", including Iwaizumi, so they had to be careful of their actions towards one another especially in a group of people. For example, Kaiya had gotten used to calling Oikawa by his first name but around others, she had to make sure that she called him by his last name instead.

"You're hopeless!" Iwaizumi huffed.

"I respond well to rewards, not mean comments!" Oikawa pouted, crossing his arms.

"I need a break..." Iwaizumi shook his head, "Miyazaki, take over for me..."

"Fine..." She sighed, taking a seat beside Oikawa.

Iwaizumi stood up and said, "I'm going to the bathroom. By the time I come back, you better be done with all those questions, Shitty-kawa."

"There are 50 questions, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa frowned.

"I don't care!"

After Iwaizumi left, Oikawa leaned forward and rested his head on Kaiya's shoulder.

"Tell him to leave, Kaiya..." He mumbled, "I want to be alone with you..."

"I can't..." She murmured, smiling slightly, "We have friends coming over, you know that right?"

"Tell all of them that the study session at your house is canceled..." Oikawa gazed up at her with adorable, puppy eyes, "Please?"

"Tooru, I can't..." Kaiya laughed softly, "We've been planning this for weeks..."

"Ugh..." He planted a few tender kisses on her neck, causing her to shiver from the ticklish sensation, "Why do you have to be so nice, Kaiya..."

"Don't..." She mumbled, wanting to push him away despite the fact that her body was craving for more of his touch, "Iwaizumi could walk in at any second..."