7| Lovers to Enemy

Erin turning my body to face her as we are both gasping for air after sharing a long passionate kiss. She placed both her hand to my sides and lifting me up before slowly laying me down in the bed as her lip finds mine again.

I miss her, our kisses but something crossed my mind sending a pang of pain in my chest that I had to stop her "Bella" she calls out in concerning voice but finding myself crying and pressing both my palm in my face.

The thought that they did this is making me feel so disgusting.

"I can't do this" I pushed her off me and ran inside then bathroom.

I had to brush my teeth for nth time and keeps on gargling the minty liquid until my mouth felt numb but I could still feel her tongue inside my mouth, leaving me in aching stomach.

- ————

Audrey gave back my phone as I wait for their reaction, "she's so pretty, admit it" I say to both of them after showing Daphne instagram and their silence is enough to hear it louder.

"Girl, why are you not moving out? How can you even more forward if you're still living together?" Maddy enquire.

I bit down my lower lip, trying to dismissed yesterday night memory of us kissing and feeling dirty after, "I love Erin and I think....I'm not yet ready to lose her"

"Yeah sounds like stupidity" Audrey chiming before sipping her iced vanilla coffee.

The thought of eventually losing Erin in the house already felt empty. I'm sure that the sound of her giggling around the house will stay to every corner. The way she absentmindedly doing lip bite whenever she draws in the sofa, the way she greets me with her big wide hug whenever I come home tired, and the way she smiles brightly....all of that will be gone the moment I call a shot—but right now I want to hold on until I no longer can take it.

"Babe, why don't you just go back to your parents? Right now, it is best to stay out of the country and maybe time to reconcile" Maddy reaching my hand and holding it.

I shook my head to them because I promised myself to only show up when I reached my success and proving them that I can survive living with Erin but I guess I'll be showing just my success, without Erin by my side.

"I have a good career now" I paused, leaving them clueless for remembering that I haven't shared it yet. "I quit the job and got a better—no beyond better because it turned out Drea is a businesswoman and looking for a right fit to run her business and I was that person"

Audrey clasp her hand, giving me a toothy smile "That is so great!"

"And also it happened that I'll be working with Erin and Daphne to our upcoming first project" I added, causing Audrey smile to faint.

She looked me boringly, "what did you say?"

Maddy sighed also giving me a tiring exhaled "Drea didn't know that, Erin her project architect is my girlfriend and Daphne is our engineer"

Audrey slapped her forehead and groaning in annoyance "This is getting more complicated Isabella" she sing song the words lacing with irritation.

After having a quick coffee catch up and ordering another Iced oat milk pumpkin spice latte no whipped and a lot of cinnamon powder I headed straight to the first store being the last one to arrive.

"Hi Bella, is it cool if I call you that? Erin told me it was short for Isabella" of all the people I get to bump with it is Daphne.

Today her hair is up in ponytail, wearing a simple trousers and silk beige long sleeves with two left unbuttoned on top.