4| Is she prettier?

Andrea has this amusing gaze after seeing me to our meeting place "Let me guess, just woke up and you forgot to wear a short"

"I have a short" I say, pulling a chair across from her.

She nodded in pursing lip "So this is your choice of clothes whenever you're not in work?"

"Ugh. Drop it okay? I have no choice, I get butt hurt for watching her leave and probably meeting this side chick" why do I even share this one to the girl whom I met 24 hours ago?

"That's what you get for holding up to a relationship that wasn't functioning by two people" aww. I felt like Audrey possessed her body "So, what is this about?"

I inhaled locking gaze to her while my heart is pounding so fast in the walls of my chest. Do I have the courage to say this? Is this even worth the embarrassment to ask her to be part of my plan? She might laugh at me and questioning why should she agree on it, what could benefit her?

"Enlighten me Isabella. The way I see your action after seeing your girlfriend walking out to meet her fling you had this urge to get back on her by going out too. And the way I'm looking at it, you used me" that made me speechless, clearly my tongue is cut out, clearly guilt is taking over.

Drea hummed. She heaved a sighed, staring down the table, maybe thinking how I wasted her time for this bullshit.

"I want to be frank on you Bella. I checked your background and found out you worked with one of the biggest chain company that happened to be my major rival in my upcoming venture. So I want to propose a plan, work in my upcoming business" now I completely lost my words and giving me the hard time to swallow my own saliva while processing the details that she spit.

It took me a full five minutes finding how to compose a words again, "what? Why me?"

Drea leaned against the chair, sitting comfortably "Well Ms. Reeds, your marketing is unique, skills are flexible and that is exactly what I'm looking for a marketing administration, plus your company is a cheap, abusive and greedy making your skills and talent, in trash. To top it all? You are underpaid and undervalued. And oddly I felt you want me to help you out to your girlfriend" she presented the ideas like we are in a business meeting "so what do you say? Is it a deal Miss Reed?"

- ———-

"Do you think this is funny?" Drake slamming my resignation letter to the table and making everyone turned their attention on me "Immediate resignation in the middle of our upcoming product launching?! Tell me Isabella, who's gonna take charge of the photoshoot? Videography, marketing ads and store auditing?"

I've been working my ass for two years in this low paying job while having all four job descriptions in one salary. Andrea is right, all along, I have been wasting my time and talent to this greedy company without acknowledging any credits.

Honestly? The very reasons I stayed in this shitty job is because I was so afraid to be jobless and stuck at home. I need money eversince my parents cut me off, the allowances, my car, the house they gave me and also helping Erin to our expenses. For the car, I was currently driving an old Toyota vehicle that has an engine problem.

"Drake. I don't care and that's your problem, maybe hire someone stupider than me? To accept 4 job title in one pay-slip" I say before picking my bag and walking out from the building felt like a fresh unpolluted air.

I want to drive around the city to get a peace of mind but given that my vehicle has its own relapse whenever it pleases, I rather went home and maybe stare to nothingness while I locked myself in the bathroom.

BossDrea: Up for a celebration drink?

Hearing Drake butt hurt rant has drained all of my energy and right now all I want is a warm hug from Erin but I guess it's not gonna happen.

Just opening the door and the smell of shrimp pasta is filling my nostrils. I walked inside, finding Erin busily sautéing in the pan.

"Hey—" I stop. I was so used saying 'hey im home' when for a fact this isn't feel home anymore. She's just here because I say so.

Our eyes meet in between, she flashes me this warm enchanting smile that I really love to see whenever I feel so blue "I cooked your favorite shrimp pasta" motioning to the pan.

Yet the more I look at her? The feeling gets worse. My favorite person will be soon gone in this house and I had to start living without her presence.

I sat to our white marbled round table that we had the hard time finding this gem when we moved in, 2 years ago.

Erin placed two plates in the table with her homemade garlic bread, "Thanks" I say but the tears is sitting in the corner of my eyes because all of these will be gone eventually.

And one day all of these sweet affection, her smile and love will be no longer for me but for someone.

"Bee, are you okay? Is there something you wanna eat or like to do?.....Drake called me, he told me he fired you" Erin reaching my hand and watching her fingers intertwining to mine. And there will be a day that the one she's holding is no longer mine and now that it crosses my mind the pain resurfacing inside "consider it a blessing in disguise. Your work isn't giving you enough credit or at least offering an opportunity for you to grow, it isn't even worth to regret, it's a trash anyway"

I'm lost whether to smile or be outraged of what I just heard from her because it felt like an insult.

I can't help when I blink the tears rolled down in my cheek "So all along, you look at my company, my job like a trash? and never once I heard it from you.....You always seemed to be so proud of me, of my work, my achievements, the support.... and then—-" I paused, finding this funny but at same time what the hell is this tears for?  "and then now...." I stop before my voice betrays me from breaking.

I took off my hand from her hold before scoffing to this bullshit. Trying to curved my lip into a smile but failing "I didn't mean it that way" she softly spoke.

"I'm so sorry if I couldn't keep up with what you have. You got a high paying job to cover our bills, expenses and fuck, this condo too. While I worked in what? Low paying job that the only thing I could get is stress, pressure and a file of work. You know maybe that's the reason why you decided to find someone stable like you" I push myself out of the chair, "I mean of course you got burned out with me being so incompetent! Maybe your new one is better than me, smart, funny, outdoor personality and good at everything"

"No, that's not the reason Bella" she said pressing the last two words.

"Then what? Fucking tell me?? Because the last time I checked, you flew to Seattle and completely ignoring my messages and calls because you were busy with job and your side job!——And then Maddison saw you in the airport with your girl, making me look like a complete clown in front of my friends!" there her sight is becoming blurry from this stupid tears. I bit my lower lip for trying to subside the sobs as my shoulder collapses for feeling so defeated "Is she better than me? She can cook?she's mature? you see your future with her? Is she prettier than me? Sexier? Good in bed?"

Erin couldn't even respond other than staring back at me in teary eye.

"Alright. I take it all as a yes" then smiled bitterly before turning around and locking myself in the bathroom for I don't know how long.

 I take it all as a yes" then smiled bitterly before turning around and locking myself in the bathroom for I don't know how long