23| She's the boss

3 years have passed and now I'm looking to myself in the massive length mirror, admiring how this dress is looking so stunning and flattering "You look so beautiful. I can't believe that you're gonna be a wife in half an hour" my lips automatically curved into a smile before turning around and grabbing my drink, meeting Madison and Audrey happy gazes.

"Congratulations to Mrs. Agoncillo" I say, raising my wine glass, proposing a toast with them.

Naomi smiled warmly as we clicked our glasses and drink our wines "I'm expecting Maddison next" she says to Maddy then turning to me "and also, you, Bella. I hope you find someone from my guest here"

I smiled at that thought before fishing out my phone "I'm busy" then checks out email notifications.

"Always busy to work" Audrey chimed, rolling her eyes.

I was taken aback when Audrey snatched my phone before saying "No work stuff. Chill, have fun and get laid!"

That made me scrunch my nose while they all giggled "it's been forever since you last use that. Have you double check if it's still working fine?" She says gesturing my down there which causes more giggles to all of us.

The door opened, Simon, Naomi best man entered saying "Hello beautiful ladies, just checking in that the bride is nowhere running away" we laughed to Simon being goofy as ever.

Naomi forest theme wedding is breathtaking. She looks like the most beautiful fairy walking down in the aisle. Even the venue itself is really unrealistic. Who wouldn't thought that dining in the middle of the greenery forest throws you to another dimension?

"I'm gonna go" I say to everyone in the table including my friends.

Audrey and Maddison seemed against it but eventually their expression changes to agreeing "Drea's coming to pick you up?" Audrey confirming after I grab my pouch in the table.

"No. She's busy and I have a meeting tomorrow morning"

Audrey nodded in contemplation while Maddison reached for Mike hands "are you sure babe?" I don't want to spoil their night because I'm sure that all through out the night I'll be just in my working laptop.

"Nope. I actually have to finish some work"

"You're always working 24/7, give it a day off Bella" Naomi chiming in with Damon nodding to his wife.

"I'm so sorry Naomi"

They all understand. After all this is how I get myself out of the dark room and above all, I really have to prepare myself for tomorrow's meeting, given that it is my most important rich client business.

****

"Good morning Ms. Reeds" Jordan said as he nodded curtly but I went straight inside the car.

"Iced black coffee" Crystal my secretary handed me the moment I sit down.

Today we're heading to the beach property that I'll be handling. Andrea and I are still keep connected but we're both busy to our own business. She runs her business while I do mine, well, she's the first person who believes in me and fortunately the first investor.

My line of business is quite unique, there's no certain category to fill in but what I offer is perfectionist and success of every aspiring business venture.

Basically, I'm a rented person. The scope of my services is making sure to execute the plan, organizing, staffing and most especially launching it with a 99% success rate. Overall, I'm like a rented head operation manager and after the business launched, I'll be handling it over to the owner and right now the biggest project is a 8.9 acres beach resort.

It was a four drive but felt like an hour especially when my mind is too focused on strategizing.

"We're here Ms. Reeds" I checked my wrist watch we're 1 hour earlier, it means more time to check that there will be zero flaws to this project.

Also, it gives me time to walk around the property, an overview of what to put and what could be the eye catcher. What's good about this property is that, this is already an existing beach resort with super old structures but workable.

8:04am and my finger is impatiently tapping to the table then finally hearing rushing footsteps coming "I'am so sorry" a sweaty forehead man in his crumpled white black suit genuinely apologized. "My car broke down, don't worry our company driver fixed it already and my boss in on her way, I accidentally sent a wrong map"

Crystal looked at me, she knows. Well, we've been working for a year now.

I adjusted my seat from leaning against the wooden "and who are you?"

He step forward, stretching out his hand "I'm Landon Roberts, the associate architect"

I sharply breathed and just look straight in his eye, giving him a minute to realize to drop the hand which he does eventually then cleared his throat.

"Listen Landon Robert. You're 4 minutes late and you don't have to worry whether I care if the car is fixed or not. You're fired and tell that to the driver as well"

He tries to speak but only caused him to stutter, loss of what to say.

"Go and save yourself from embarrassment" I know he's currently contemplating but he eventually walked out from the room.

Not too long when I heard another footsteps coming which seemed heavier and I will not be surprised if he calls up for backup.

The door opened "Who fires my associate and driver?" and there goes a woman who look calm but stern.

She halted, taken aback after locking eyes with my cold gaze, clearly neither of us is expecting to see each other.

"I did" I firmly to reply to Erin.

Of how satisfying it is to feel nothing. No emotion, nothing.

"Bella" she said almost a whisper that I barely hear.

I sighed, I don't like explaining myself but I guess she'll be asking that anyway. "One rule I followed religiously. No flaws. Now, your associate is uncompetitive, stupid, unprofessional and your driver failed to check the car engine before a long drive, so if they're failing from basic things what more on the long run? and to give you a background of how I run my business here in A&B I do not tolerate second chances, Do I make my self clear Ms. Lane?"

 Lane?"