18| Goosebumps

"She's sleeping" I slowly opened my eyes, Drea is sitting next to me.

I still feel so cold and my eyelids are still heavy.

I look over Drea as I felt her palm on top of my forehead, "I ordered food so you can take another med before sleeping again"

Then remembering how we had a small argument about her insisting the pills for me to take. The thing is, I don't like taking medicine. I hate the bitter capsule and rather choose to take liquid form but I guess I'm too old for that.

I groaned in annoyance of why I have to do it again then watching her figure disappearing in the room.

My phone is sitting on the bed side table if I really remember it correctly, I heard Drea talking to someone.

Andrea came back holding a tray of food then placing the breakfast table on top of bed "Can you sit up?" No, I rather go back to sleep than forcing that pill into my throat "I can't believe that a 23 years old grown woman is acting like my 3 years old niece when it comes to taking medication"

"I'm so much better now actually" a lie that spontaneously comes out from my mouth whenever there is a sight of medicine.

Drea helping me sit up and pulling closer the breakfast table that has 2 bowl of chicken soup, 2 glass of orange juice and a pill next to it.

"Eat now Bella" she bossily commanded.

I don't have an appetite especially after finishing that bowl means taking the small pill.

"Eat now or you'll stay in bed for one week. No work for you until you fully recover" she threatened and she knows how it affects me.

I need to save up and how am I going to do that when she'll cut me for week?

So I start eating, unwillingly.

"Erin called"

It made me stop from scooping, wondering if she's even worried about me.

"Yeah?" I respond, trying hard not to sound bothered.

"I told her that you're staying with me until you feel better" Andrea filling the silence.

I wonder what is her reaction or, maybe it's fine with her? Did she even care at all?

"And then there's your friends too, Audrey squealing when I answered her FaceTime" that made me giggled, I could imagine Audrey being overreacting "And Miguel too" Drea gauging my reaction after saying it "He looked worried, it took me time before I convinced him that you're safe with me. Is he the one you told me about? Your bestfriend who falls in love with you and eventually confessing? That typical bestfriend story"

I smiled at her and she figured it out with her, slightly nodding.

But the smile in her face fades out as it changes in seriousness with her eyes are pinning at me in unreadable expressions "what?" I asked warily.

"I saw Drake messages" that information send my whole body vibrating.

"Um....he's just being an ass" I say, looking down to the soup.

"Did Erin know it?" really, her question is sending me on edge and my silence while looking back her gaze turned her expression sharply "Is she that stupid not to noticed it?"

I felt cold earlier but now is another level of shivering. Like, I'm having a goosebumps while maintaining our eye contact. "I never mentioned it" then shrugged guiltily "I can't leave, I need a job to at least give something for our expenses"

"That's bullshit" it's the first time seeing her angry like this, making me nervous that I'm seeing this side for the first time.

She point out to my phone in the bed side table "and the fact that he's bugging you and threatening you? How can you ignore it?"

I push the tray a little to make space for me to stand up "I'm gonna go home"

She cocked her brows as her lip is twitching in side smile "I thought you're brave? he's not getting away from this Isabella"

"No" I say in pressed authoritative tone. Andrea was taken aback, not expecting that tone at all.

"No?" She repeated in disbelief.

"Yes no!" my hand motioning in stress "And what will it caused me? Another list of embarrassment? First, I had a trashy job that I willingly worked more than I should have and second, that fucking job couldn't even meet my ends, making almost expenses falls upon Erin shoulder and now? She'll get to know that it wasn't only a trashy one but also my boss—-" I stop, the word itself and to saying it out from my head right now? Is disgusting to me.

My chest rises then falls abruptly as I don't have the courage to admit it but watching Andrea expression softened.

I shook my head, "It's too much of embarrassment Andrea. And if she gets to know it? How will I even face her?"

"Fine" she dryly respond "I'll do it my own way"

"Andrea" pressing a deep tone calling out her name.

"You're under my team now, Isabella. I won't let anyone harassed my employees. And can you stop thinking what others will think of you? It's time to prioritize yourself above anyone else" she paused, taking deep breathes before saying "Come on Isabella, wake up, you can't be smart at work but stupid at love"

- ——-