2| Alcohol, makes you do stupid things

I don't know how long I was sitting staring blankly to our condo parking lot after Audrey volunteered to drive my car because apparently, I wasn't in best self to drive or if I try, hitting someone by accident has a 100 percent probability of going to jail.

"Babe, are you sure you're all good alone facing that twat?" it's flattering to see Audrey getting so flustered for me.

I'm scared but this is between Erin and I.

I pick her hand and holding it tightly "Thank you Audrey, but this is me"

She smiled hesitantly, "Just call me okay?" I nodded to Audrey before stepping out. She handed me my car keys and went to Maddy car waiting for her, also sending me a sympathetic smile before they drive away.

The ride to the elevator felt like a quick seconds of relief while finding myself hoping to make it longer because I wasn't ready to face Erin.

So I had to pressed basement parking lot again when it opened to our 35th floor.

I lost count how many times the elevator run back and forth from basement to 35th floor before it made me feel like I'm ready and right now standing in front of our door, locking my gaze to the doorknob.

So many unwanted thoughts lingering inside with the utter nervousness, until my whole body jolted by the sudden ringing of my phone.

Erin is calling....

I froze by hearing not only the sound of my phone ringing but an approaching footsteps coming from inside then watching the knob twisting and the door opening.

There I found myself locking gaze with Erin dark brown eyes, instantly making my chest tightened in ranging ache for finally seeing her after 31 days.

God I miss her.

—-but I hate her at the same time.

I wanted to hug her so bad and kiss every parts of her, to tell her how much I'm aching of missing her but I couldn't.

I walked inside passing her while she shut closed the door and feeling her presence trailing behind me, "Bella" hearing her voice saying my name is making my knees weak.

This should be a happy day but it felt so fucking drowning.

Gaining all the courage to finally turn around facing her....as my eyes are pleading, giving her the benefit of the doubt—that maybe Maddison was wrong, maybe that's not Erin.

I could pulled out so many reason whether it's rational or irrationally stupid but I need her to tell me that she's not the girl Maddy saw yesterday with some unknown girl picking her at the airport.

"So....how are you?" I asked. Trying to stabilize my breathing.

Fuck I miss her so much.

"We need to talk"

"Is it true what Maddison told me?" I took a long pause, staring into her eye, gauging how she looked reluctantly "she saw you yesterday at the airport with a girl picking you up while I'm here—stupidly clueless while loosing my sanity of missing you so much"

Erin looked away as she did her lip bite for having control over her emotions, she is guilty, I can perfectly see it but my brain keeps on denying....wanting to deny the fact.

Her reaction makes my heart sunk down. That I'm loosing my ability to breathe through my nose, that I'm starting to grasp for air because my lungs felt like closing—-I took a very deep breath, trying to stabilize myself. To not shake too much. Because fuck! My whole body is shaking!