Chapter 27: The Wedding Part 3/3

A/N: I don't own the words to the song that are in this chapter...nor do I own the song...that credit goes to Mark Shultz...
A/N number 2: y'all...I CRIED writing the part with the song lyrics in it!! OMG it's so beautiful!!
-about 10 minutes later-
The reception was in full swing by now - since it was a small wedding, it was a small reception.  The rest of the team had moved desks around so there was plenty of room to put tables out.  Grace and Gibbs of course were at the head table, attached at the hip. 
They watched as their friends and family talked and socialized, but they weren't really talking to anyone else - they were more interested in talking to each other.  Then, the first notes of a soft song came on and they watched as the floor became clear, and Tony made an announcement.
"It's time for the bride and groom to have their first dance!" He announced, and while they were reluctant, they both stood up and made their way to the center of the room.  They placed their arms around each other and slowly started dancing.  As the first words were sung, she smiled to herself - this was one of her favorite songs.  Of course, Gibbs noticed the expression change after a moment or two.
"You know this song?" He asked, and she looked at him and nodded. 
"It's one of my favorites" she replied.  "But I wonder how Tony knew?" She asked, more to herself, but he heard it and shrugged in response.
"Who knows..." she looked at him mildly suspicious, but left it alone, but was surprised when he leaned in close to her and, so soft only she could hear...
"As he was walking her home, holding her hand...oh the way she smiled, it stole the breath right out of him...and down that old road, with the stars up above...he remembers where he was the night he fell in love...he was walking her home..." she looked up at him, shocked at first, but then smiled.  They continued dancing and he kept singing the song to her, and by the end, there were tears in her eyes.  They went back to their seats when a different song came on. 
"How did you know?" She finally asked.
"I'm your husband, I'm supposed to know everything about you..." he replied, placing a hand on her face. 
"Yeah, okay...we'll go with that" she said, but was smiling.  He kissed her quickly before they turned their attention back to the crowd.  She noticed that Tony was flirting with her friend Mackenzie, but didn't give it much thought. 
"You think it'd be suspicious if we snuck out?"
"Well, considering that they haven't even done the best man speech yet, I'm gonna go with yes." She replied, laughing a little.  "Come on, you can wait a bit longer, can't you?"
"Not sure I can if I have to keep looking at you in that dress" he replied. 
"You are such a smooth talker...you know that? I know how we can speed things up a bit." She stood and looked at Tony.  "You about ready to do your speech, best man?" She called.  Soon, everyone was chanting 'speech! speech!'
"Okay, fine!" He finally replied before walking to the center of the floor.  "I get the feeling the bride and groom are wanting to move along"
"Hey, watch it!" Gibbs called out.
"Right...got it, boss.  Anyways, I guess it's time for me to say a few words.  Never thought that when this young woman came to work with us just under 6 months ago, that she'd be the great person I now know her to be.  Not only is she a great agent, she's also a great friend...I see her as a little sister...and I don't care if you are my boss, Gibbs, if you hurt her I will take you on"
"I'd pay to see that, Tony!" Grace called, but she was touched by his words.
"Oh really? Well, I'd like you to know that it goes both ways, newbie!" He replied and she stuck her tongue out at him.  "The only person who needs to see that is the man sitting next to you"
"He's not wrong you know" she heard Gibbs say next to her. 
"Just who's side are you on?" She asked, smirking, but they both clapped for Tony just the same.  "Okay, now we can leave if you're sure you want to." 
"You read my mind, Mrs. Gibbs" he replied.  She nodded and they waved their goodbyes to their team and family before they left.