Chapter 26: The Wedding - part 2/3

-about half an hour later-
Gibbs and Grace decided early on that they wanted it to be a small wedding, friends and immediate family only - so it was their NCIS family, Gibbs' dad, Fornell, and a fast friend of Grace named Mackenzie.  Ducky was giving her away, Tony was Gibbs' best man, and Ducky's new assistant, Jimmy Palmer, was officiating.  Gibbs was waiting, albeit impatiently, at the end of the aisle with Tony by his side.
"You alright, boss?" Tony asked when he noticed his boss fidgeting.  Gibbs nodded his head, but Tony wasn't convinced.  "It'll be fine, Gibbs.  In a couple of hours at the most, you'll be married."
"Yeah, thanks..." he replied, then the wedding march started.  The few guests in the audience stood up and watched as the doors to the church opened.  In walked Grace, her arm latched onto Ducky, and when she and Gibbs looked at each other, the worries that they both had melted away.  Grace took in Gibbs' appearance - black suit and tie with a light grey shirt - while he took in her appearance as well, and the love they had in each other's eyes told them that there were no worries to be had.  It felt like forever, but Grace finally made it to the end, hugged Ducky in thanks, and took Gibbs' hand when offered, taking the step up to him.
"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony." Jimmy began, and then proceeded with the normal wedding talk (A/N: sorry, not super familiar with what is normally said...) then turned to Gibbs.  "Gibbs, repeat after me: I, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, take you as my wife, to have and hold, through sickness and health, better and worse, till death we part"
"I, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, take you as my wife, to have and hold, through sickness and health, better and worse, till death we part" Gibbs repeated, placing the silver wedding band on her finger - again, a simple band, but this one had a single sapphire in the middle, and when he looked back up, she was smiling softly at him.  Jimmy turned to her.
"Now, Grace, repeat after me: I, Grace Elizabeth Williams, take you as my husband, to have and hold, through sickness and health, better and worse, till death we part"
"I, Grace Elizabeth Williams, take you as my husband, to have and hold, through sickness and health, better and worse, till death we part" She repeated, placing the black platinum band on his left hand ring finger. 
"If no one has any objections, then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife" there was applause, and then Palmer leaned towards Gibbs.  "This is where you kiss her" Gibbs looked at him, almost glaring but not quite, and then looked at his new wife.  He put an arm around her, pulling her close.  It felt like forever, but he finally kissed her for the first time as her husband.  After a few moments, he pulled away from her.  "May I introduce to you all, Mr. and Mrs. Gibbs!" Palmer announced, and there was applause around them, but the newly married couple wasn't paying any attention - they were still looking at each other, unable to take their eyes off each other.  He was the first to come out of his trance and took her hand in his.  They walked out of the church hand in hand and made their way outside.  Once they were outside and had a moment to themselves, he placed his hands on her hips, pulling her close to him
"You look stunning in that dress" he whispered in her ear, then kissed her cheek before continuing.  "But I can't wait until we get out of here..." a shiver ran down her spine at his words. 
"Save that kind of talk for the honeymoon, Jethro..." she said softly.  "We still have the reception to get through"
"Then lets get that over and done with" she didn't need to be told twice and they took each other's hands again and walked across the street to the reception area - HQ of all places.