Chapter 18-Troubles between Rapunzel and Varian

Disclaimer I don't own the characters other than my Ocs that I created as they belong to Disney. This will be different abit than the journey as I wanted it to be my own so enjoy.

Rapunzel's POV,

I look at Cassandra as I know what to do but after what he did will he actually agree as I need to find a way to help Varian save my sister and his dad of course. We go to see him which I know he blames me especially for everything I should've been a better sister. Cass and I head down which I told Eugene,he wasn't happy as he sees Courtney as a little sister and Cass does too it's something they agree on for once. We get there and he looked at us "what the hell do you two want princess ?" He asked his voice with rage I can't blame him.

⚠️swearing warning⚠️

Varian's POV,

I see the two and I'm angry that I can't do anything to help.  I herd the princess and I am mad. "What the hell do you two want princess?" I said with venom dripping which she looked at me. "I wanted to give you something I found it in your lab before we left you should have it" she said which she showed me it and I gasped it's Courtney's hair pin it's shaped like the sun she told me it's one of her precious things I was going to have Xavier the blacksmith make a full moon silver one as well. I take it and looked at her. "Just this once thank you as this actually means a lot now go." I told her as I held the pin close to me tearing up thinking about it and as they left I thought of my princess.

-Flashback-

*A few months ago*

Courtney and I were cuddling and  I saw the beautiful pin in her hair  it suits her I'm going to surprise her with a full moon pin to match it will be adorable luckily Xavier was willing to do it I'm excited which she looked at me. "Vari I wanted to give you something important you must hold onto always which it's special to me" she said and gave a pair of keys with C + V on it I know he made them most likely. "What is this for my princess?" I asked her and she chuckled. "It's to my diary if you want to read it or if I need it then it will be ok which promise me something Varian" she said which must be seriously if she didn't call me Vari or her alchemist. "Of course what is it my princess?" I asked concerned. "Just promise me if something bad happens you'll be the Varian I love" she said and I kissed her happily. "I promise no matter what as our love is strong" I told her her and she giggled and kissed me back.

*end of  flash back*

I tear up looking at the pin I broke that promise but she'll forgive me as we love each other no matter what happens which I saw Rapunzel returned and I was confused but still angry. "Varian I need your help please it's the only way to save everything especially your dad and my sister I wouldn't be here if I didn't but think about what Courtney would say" she said and I sighed putting the hair pin in my pocket. "I can't don't you understand I don't deserve her I became something she'd be scared of I deserve to stay in here" I told her and she sighed then left which Cassandra looked at me. "Varian I know you think you deserve to be in here but Courtney would have been begging you to be free right now so never give up as she'd never give up on you I will give you something it's not much but at least you have another piece of her with you." She said which I gasped it's my princess's diary and I smile still having my key for it on me. "Thank you Cass I'm sorry for hurting you you're a good friend to my princess and make sure Rapunzel is safe I need my princess not worried when she's free" I told her and she nodded I held onto it as she left. I took the chain off from my neck and opened it reading a page after I read Cass the one about her. 'Saturday June 7,1403, today I went out trying to find that boy but sadly no luck maybe I should start looking in old Corona as he seemed to head in that direction last time which he seemed abit mysterious but  I need to find someone my age or abit older but not like Cassie. I started my search but sadly it was growing dark out so I had to rush inside but when I got home I saw a yellow rose my favourite on my balcony ledge  with a note attached saying "you'll meet me soon enough princess" I smiled happily and dreamed that he'd show himself but I herd stories of an alchemist that fits his description maybe it him until tomorrow . Sincerely Courtney.  I teared up after which I know to break out eventually and free her from her amber prison my dad included.

-end of chapter-

I hope you enjoyed it I wanted it to be abit different that the journey in the show it was my second idea as my original one Varian goes with Rapunzel as she needed his help after she gives him Courtney's hair pin but I changed my mind as I want him to still be like he was when they come back from the journey without Cassandra so if you have any idea or suggestions on chapter ideas let me know until next chapter.

-Courtney