Chapter 9 - Commodore Point

A/N: So this chapter is really stupid and like no-one is reading this thing anyway, but I'll keep going on with it, I guess. Enjoy! // 2019 edit: I published this chapter like 4-5 years ago back when the whole story only had 100 views. Now this book and the whole series has gotten so much more attention than I could have ever dreamt of. Thanks for reading up until this point and for all the support. <3

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Where is he?" Liv muttered, craning her neck as she tried looking around.

"Who are you looking for?" Kimi asked, taking another sip from her cider. Emmie sat on the towel beside her, making mini sandcastles in the patch of sand in front of her.

"I'm looking for Oliver so I can force him to talk to our little boy here," Liv replied, nudging Will who sat next to her. Will panicked as Liv's elbow connected with his cup, angling it so that the contents spilt onto the sand rather than on himself.

"Jesus Christ, Liv," Will scolded her, reaching into the esky to get a refill. "And can you please stop playing matchmaker? I really don't wanna try anything with Oliver."

"We schlepped all the way down here, so you're gonna talk to Oliver and make him your boyfriend whether you like it or not," Liv replied, now standing up to get a better look.

"You're the one who made us come all the way here! I was very much happy to just forget this stupid crush and move on!" Will exclaimed.

"Oh shut it, Will. I'm making you do this for your own good," Liv said. "Oh there he is, Oliver!" she called out, trying to wave him over. Will hid his face in embarrassment, wishing he would just disappear as Oliver made his way over.

"Ms. Monaghan, how may I be of service to you?" Oliver asked in a posh accent. Liv giggled, subtly moving away from Will so that there was space in between the two of them for Oliver. As subtle as the movement was, her intentions weren't.

"Sit down and join us, we're the funnest people here!" Liv exclaimed, arms thrown up for emphasis.

"Funnest isn't a word, Olivia, are you sure you're a senior?" Oliver teased. Liv shrugged with a smile, knowing he was joking. "But I will take you up on your offer," he added, sitting in the small space Liv has left for him. However, she hadn't left enough space, so Oliver 'coincidentally' had to be pressed against Will's side to able to sit on the log.

They all sat and talked for a while before Emmie pulled out empty bottles from the esky. "Oh no, it looks like we've run out of drinks," she said, in a tone Will knew meant she was acting.

"Ah damn, that sucks, looks like we're gonna have to quickly go get some more," Cash chimed in as if it were an under-practiced primary school play. Will sighed, knowing very well where this was going.

"There's a shop not far from here, we can go there, let's go!" Kimi added, quickly standing up.

"Oh, are you all going?" Oliver asked, looking at the girls as they all stood to leave.

"Oh no, no, no! Just us girls will go, Will can stay here with you," Liv replied with a sickly sweet smile. Will glared at her, not happy with how this was panning out. Liv quickly leaned in to give Will a hug, whispering "make a move."

"I hate you so much," Will whispered back. As the girls retreated, Will yelled out, "I guess I'll look after all your stuff then." Liv turned around, thumbs up in response.

Will knew she had a plan when they'd settled down at the beach a little ways down from the rest of the party earlier that afternoon. Now, with the sun setting and stars starting to come out, Will and Oliver sat in a romantic setting in a somewhat secluded place.