Chapter 4 - Mystery Mix

"We finally made it through our first week!" Emmie exclaimed from the driver's seat of her red ute. It was now Friday, a few days after the bitch out in Philosophy, which had apparently knocked Shayla down a few pegs. Shayla had left Will alone since then and for this, Will was thankful. The cuss out sort of went against his whole "New Year, New Slate, New Hair, New You" zen-mantra thing but dealing with Shayla was a pain in the ass, and after the summer break, Will still had to readjust to being around her on a daily basis.

"So what are we doing today?" Emmie asked the other three girls in the backseat. It had become a little tradition for the group to spend every Friday together.

"I don't know. I don't really mind whatever we do," Kimi replied with a shrug.

"Actually, there's a party tonight I want to go to," Cash interjected. "I heard Jemima's parents are away this weekend so she and all her sisters are throwing this huge party that everyone's going to. I thought we should go!"

Everyone in the car agreed, no-one thinking of anything better to do that night.

"Plus, Oliver will probably be there," Cash teased, punching Will lightly on the shoulder. Will turned around in the passenger's seat to glare at her. Cash threw up her hands. "What, it's just that you two have apparently been getting chummy, is all, Carrot Top."

Will directed his glare to Liv, knowing it was most likely her who was telling them all this. Liv copied Cash, hand up and an innocent expression on her face. "What, it's true! It's obvious you have a crush on him..."

Will's glare only intensified. "I do not have a crush on him. I have two classes with him so I have to be nice. Plus, he needs help in French since he is absolutely horrendous," Will explained, though no-one else in the car believed him.

The silence in the car was broken by Liv. "I bet 10 bucks we'll be hearing all about Will's crush on the new kid in like, a fortnight."

"I say in a month," Kimi said, Emmie agreeing with her from the front seat.

"I say more like 2 months," Cash piped in. "Will's stubborn. He wouldn't admit it to us for a while."

"Well, I say never because it's never gonna happen," Will stated stubbornly, before muttering "you're all horrible, horrible friends" under his breath.

"Whatever you say, Will," Emmie said. "So are we still crashing at yours tonight, Liv?"

"No, sorry. Family from Italy are visiting at the moment and having 15 people crammed in our house is enough. Seriously, jumbo jets would be jealous of how much noise mum and her cousins make," Liv complained from the back seat.

"Well, I guess we can go to mine then," Emmie offered, a quick glance in the rear-view mirror to see the girls in the back nod in agreement. It wasn't long after that they arrived at Emmie's house, racing inside to get ready.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A few hours later, and the group were standing in Jemima's backyard, the party already in full swing. "Wow, this party is packed!" Kimi shouted, yelling so that they could hear her over the Jason Derulo being blared from the speakers. "It's crazy; I swear everyone from school is here!"

"Let's go find some drinks!" Cash yelled, pulling Kimi and Liv towards the bar, stumbling a little as she tried to walk on the grass with her high heels.

"A few drinks in her and I think she'll find her own guy to make out with," Emmie said to Will as they watched some of the drunk people jumping on the bouncy castle.

I don't know if that's a good idea with so many drunk people... Will thought with a worried glance.

The three girls returned, handing both Emmie and Will a cup. "Rum and coke," Liv told Will when he gave them a questioning look. "And just a normal coke for you, Em, since you're driving us home and all."