Chapter 18 - Speak

"C'mon, Ry, let's get some body paint," Will said the instant he made eye contact with Oliver. He didn't want to be anywhere near him if he didn't need to be. Ryan just nodded, taking a hold of his hand and walking with him, away from the couches. Oliver went to say something but both Will and Ryan shot him a look that told him to not make a single sound.

Neither one of the boys spoke until they were a good distance away from Oliver. "Why does he have to be here," Will sighed, Ryan's arms encircling him in a hug. In the month and a half since their disastrous first date, Ryan had joined the girls' effort to field any attempts Oliver made to talk to Will. That didn't really deter Oliver though, who kept it up for about a month, only stopping about a fortnight earlier. But here he was now, looking at them as if debating whether to try talking to Will.

To be honest, Will missed talking to him sometimes. They really had become really good friends before the kiss and he missed that. But he knew that any contact with him would lead to Oliver trying to split him and Ryan up, and Will couldn't condone that. He and Ryan had a good thing going and he didn't want anyone to come between them, especially not another guy.

Will shook his head, just wanting to forget about the nightmare that was Oliver. He took hold of Ryan's arm and dragged him to the bar and quickly ordering more shots. The only thing he could think of to take his mind off it was alcohol. 

Alcohol can fix anything.

 Well, except alcoholism. 

He quickly gulped down both tequila shots he'd order, ignoring the fact one of them should've been for Ryan.

Ryan sighed. He knew tonight was going to be a long night.

Might as well get drunk to make it tolerable, they both thought.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

An hour and way too many shots later, Will and Ryan had just finished with the body painter. Will had a fluoro green floral design twining its way up his left forearm while Ryan had blue lightning bolting down his right. They'd also both gotten each other's names on the back of the other's hand in pink cursive; mainly because they were both hammered and sappy. Luckily, this paint would wash off the next day. They never wanted to be that sickly sweet couple who made everyone just wanna puke with their couple-y cuteness.

Unsure what else to do, the couple decided to make their way back to the couch in the far corner to find Dale. They soon found him nestled on Robbie's muscular lap. How did he get those massive thighs in those jeans? Will pondered, though from the looks he was getting and Robbie's scowl, he realised that he'd said his thought aloud. Oops.

"Where have the two of you been?" Dale asked, ignoring Will's little faux pas as the two boys sat down on the free spot on the couch. Across from them were Jenna and Chelsie, as well as two girls who Will assumed were Vanya and Polly, all cuddling up in their couples. Luckily, Oliver seemed to be absent. Thank the lord.

"Just getting some drinks," was Will's reply, leaning into Ryan behind him as the brunette wrapped his arms around him to snuggle. They all felt oddly calm for being in a nightclub. Will guessed that being in the VIP kinda removed them from the intensity downstairs.

"So tell us what this thing between you and Oliver is, because you were all he was talking about earlier but he wouldn't say what happened and he looked pretty sad," Dale pressed with a pouty frown, poking Will to get him to tell the story. 

Ryan tightened his grip on Will slightly at the mention of Oliver's name. Will sighed, patting his boyfriend's thigh to tell him to calm down. He felt Ryan loosen his grip.

"It's nothing really, Dale, just stupid feelings stuff," was Will's response. The ginger wasn't too happy with that answer, continuing to poke Will. If there was something that Dale knew for certain, annoying someone would always end in you getting what you wanted.