Chapter 21 - Illuminati Recruitment Video

A/N: Hey guys, sorry that it's been like two weeks since the last update but here it is, enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That is so sweet," Kimi cooed the morning after the party. Will was on a three-way conference call with Kimi and Emmie, discussing what had happened the night before with Ryan.

Will would've normally waited until all five in the group were together to discuss things, but Cash and Liv were on a school retreat. He was sorta glad that they weren't there, to be honest. As much as they had been "working on it," Liv and Cash still hadn't progressed as much as Will would've liked. He wanted to tell the story without any snide remarks or jabs aimed at Ryan or their relationship. Will was still in the afterglow of the first "I love you" of the relationship, and he didn't need anyone harshing his buzz. Kimi and Emmie were staunch supporters of him and Ryan, and that's what he needed right now.

"So where's Ryan now?" Emmie asked as she waved off the guy from last night who had finally finished struggling to put his jeans on and was now climbing out the window. He could've used the front door — no-one else was home — but Emmie just let him do what he wanted to do. It wasn't like she'd ever seen him again anyway.

"He dropped me off after the party early this morning and said he'd be back later this afternoon with something for our three months," Will gushed, exhilarated by how well his relationship was going. Three whole months the two of them had been dating. He knew it wasn't really that long but he was still so excited by it all. Part of him knew that the honeymoon phase would wane and they'd no longer bother with these "month-iversaries" — a name that would usually make Will shiver in disgust. When did he become such a romantic cheeseball? It was becoming embarrassing.

The three continued to chat mindlessly, moving off of boys and into the latest gossip that Kimi had just found out through her still undisclosed "connections" - Will would go to his grave certain that Kimi was the queen of the high school Asian Mafia, but that was neither here nor there. But apparently, Tyler and Ivan were going to surprise Liv and Cash with a double date when they got back from retreat. Will sort of felt like a bad friend for forgetting that his other two friends were in relationships. He'd been so wrapped up in Ryan - and Oliver too, he guessed - that he'd neglected to pay attention to his friends' love lives. But you couldn't blame him, really. Liv and Tyler, who'd been "dating" for nearly six months now, were so much of a non-couple. They'd gone on about three dates and spent so little time together, but were still dating, apparently. Meanwhile, Cash was so adamant about not defining her relationship with Ivan, Will didn't think Cash even knew what she wanted. He felt bad for Ivan, who'd been hanging on for her for months and months, waiting for her to make up her mind. Honestly, Will just hoped Cash would work things out soon, for both their sakes.

"So, what about the two of you? Any men on your radars?" Will asked. He decided that he should be more up-to-date on his friends. He'd been lacking and it was time to compensate. If they had to hear all about his relationship dramas all the time, the least he could do was listen to what was up with them. 

Man, he'd been a bad friend lately...

"Nothing for me, I'm happy being single," Kimi replied, phone cradled between shoulder and ear as she painted her nails. Pastel pink to match her outfit for the wedding she had to go to that night.

"Same here," Emmie echoed, yawning loudly as she stretched. It was about time she rolled out of bed, to be honest. "Don't need the headache."

"Yeah, I can't be bothered either. And hey, if worse comes to worse, I guess I can settle with dating Em," Kimi teased playfully.

"Bitch please. You'd be lucky to have me," Emmie countered with a scoff.

"Only if I was desperate enough," Kimi scoffed back.