Epilogue

"It's your fault; everything is all your goddamn fucking fault!" Will screamed at Oliver once again.

Will had stumbled over to Oliver's house from Ryan's. He'd wanted to give Oliver a piece of his mind. Blame him for everything that went wrong in his and Ryan's relationship. A apart of him knew Oliver wasn't entirely to blame. Will had had a huge part in the breakdown of what had happened.

But he wasn't strong enough to handle it. Not yet, at least. He just needed someone else to put it on.

Unfortunately, it was Oliver, standing on the porch in front of his house, trying to calm down a hysterical Will. "I'm sorry, Will," he was saying, hands grasping Will's upper arms as his face stung from the punch Will had thrown. 

"I'm sorry," he continued to repeat. Truthfully, he wasn't all that sorry, Oliver felt like he didn't really have all that much to be sorry for, except for maybe hurting Will the way he had. But he kept repeating himself in hopes of soothing Will.

Will sobbed again, his anger dissipating into sadness once again.

On his way over, Will had thought back to the mantra he'd created at the start of the year:

"New Year, New Slate, New Hair, New You."

As he'd walked, he thought about the other "New" things he hadn't included, that had somehow wormed its way into his life this year:

New Boys.

Especially the one standing in front of him now, cradling Will against his leanly muscled chest and stroking his back to comfort him. And the one an hour walk away who he'd left crying in his hallway.

New Drama.

Especially from what the boy in front of him had caused. And the one he'd left who was heartbroken because of it. Maybe if Will had just been an asshole and ignored Oliver at the start of the year, all this would never have happened. They could've all been saved from the hell they'd all gone through.

New Heartbreak.

Especially the wails Will had heard as he stood on the footpath, staring at Ryan's house just before he left, were now resonating loudly in Will's ears. It was something he would never forget. The pain and heartbreak he heard from Ryan's cries of heartbreak had torn his own heart into tiny pieces. Ryan hadn't deserved any of that. Not at all.

New Mistakes.

Especially the one Will was about to make, turning his head to capture Oliver's lips with his own.

New Regrets.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: So, that's the end of New! I know there's a lot of loose ends, and that's because there's a sequel, Change, that I've just uploaded. So, if you wanna continue reading about Will's adventures, it'll continue on there :) Hope you've enjoyed reading New as much as I've enjoyed writing it, see you all in Change! :D xx