Chapter 13 - Date Night

"A double date?" Will asked skeptically. "Ryan and I haven't even been on a date ourselves yet and you want us to go on a date with you and Tyler?"

Liv spun around on the spot she stood to face her friend sitting on the bench. "Yeah, why not? What's wrong with me and Tyler?" she asked defensively.

"I don't know. Maybe the fact that I don't want go on my first date with Ryan while a girl who doesn't like him and her boyfriend who isn't fond of me tag along?" Will replied, evidently showing his disdain of Liv's idea. "I'd rather not, thank you very much."

"I don't don't like Ryan," Liv countered feebly.

"Oh, please! Last year in Chem, I had to hold you back before you threw acid in his face!" Will exclaimed.

Liv sighed, knowing Will was right. She had always been irked by Ryan's existence and she wasn't all that jazzed when Will said he and Ryan were gonna go on a date. But she was the best friend, so she had to suck it up and accept it. "Okay, fine. You're right. But he wouldn't stop singing Party in the USA and he needed to be stopped," she scowled, remembering his awful, off-key rendition of that dreaded song.

"I like how you just didn't defend your boyfriend when I said he didn't like me," Will said, deciding to change topics.

Liv sat down next to her friend. "Yeah, well, he's not your biggest fan," she sighed with a shrug. "Ah, look it your boyfriend," she added mockingly.

Will hit her on the arm before turning to see an approaching Ryan. "What was that for?" his friend grumbled next to him.

"So, so, soo many reasons, but you gotta go," Will replied, trying to shoo her away.

Liv stood up with a dramatic sigh. "Fine, fine, fine, but use protection!" she announced as she twirled past Ryan and tangoed alone down the corridor.

Ryan looked over his shoulder to see her go before looking at Will with a look of confusion. "What was that?" he asked, sitting down next to the redheaded boy.

"That's just Liv being, well, Liv," Will sighed as he laid his on the brunette's shoulder. "What've you been doing?"

"Spent most of lunch looking for you. I found your other three friends in the library and they told me that Liv made you go with her to the canteen. I was about to head there but bumped into you here, obviously," Ryan explained, popping one of Will's grapes in his mouth. "Why are you sitting here? Are we even allowed to sit here?" he asked with his mouth full, referring to the secluded courtyard they were currently sat in, one which no-one really went to.

Will turned his head up to look at Ryan. "Don't do that," he scolded the brunette but Ryan just smirked in return. Will shook his head in disapproval as he put his head back on the other's shoulder. "Liv hates the library, y'know, with having to be quiet and all, so she made me come with her. She wanted to discuss some stuff," he answered.

Will wasn't sure if he wanted to bring up the whole double date thing. He and Ryan were supposedly taking things slow and he felt like if he brought up the date thing, that would be pushing it. Will was sure that his thinking wasn't all that logical but he wanted things to be natural. Mentioning the double date idea felt like he was saying "c'mon Ryan, take me on a date." 

OK, truthfully, he really wanted to go on a date. 

Real bad.

"What stuff?" Ryan had asked curiously.

Will bit his lip, still debating in his head. Impulse, however, got the better of him, and he blurted out, "Liv wanted us to go on a double date with her and her boyfriend," before muttering an "ah, dammit."