That First Step.

The Song Is "Fine By Me" By Andy Grammar And It Doesn't Focus Primarily On Trey And Abby, But Everyone In The Chapter. I Love This Song And You Guys Should Defiantly Check It Out! (:

-----------------------

"And it seems that every time. We're eye to eye I can find another piece of you that I don't wanna lose. And I'm staring at you now, there's no one else around. I'm thinking you're the girl I need." -Andy Grammar <3

My breathing hitched as I realized that maybe I wasn’t exactly ready to hear his voice. I felt foolish for one, but it was not like I could ignore him forever and honestly it wouldn’t be possible. “Trey, hey, what’s going on?” I said calmly. But deep inside my heart was doing back flips, but I’ve learned to ignore it and push on, push forward and taking that step and the first step, was letting go of my feelings.

“I know things were left pretty—“. I interrupted him; I wasn’t up for the long, deep conversation about how he was falling in love with another. I was dealing-- cooping per say and this conversation was the last thing I needed.

“Forget it. It’s all behind me now.” I said sternly. At that moment I felt proud of myself. I didn’t feel as though I was lying to myself or him, I was being pretty honest and it felt good.

“Oh ok.” He voice seemed to done a dip, like maybe he wanted this conversation, but what was the use? It all felt like and on-going battle.

“I just want my best friend back.” I blurted out. I had to take a step back to realize if that actually came out of my mouth. “Look Trey...” I continued. “I messed up, and now I’ve come to the conclusion that we work better as … “Tabby”.” I laughed.

I heard his deep husky laugh come from the other end as the memory of the nickname seemed to have come back to him. “I shouldn’t have got my feelings caught up because I only made our situation more complicated and I apologize.” I said sincerely.

A huge feeling of relief washed over me. I couldn’t believe that actually came out of my mouth, I for one was absolutely proud of myself, this was a huge accomplishment and I was able to get through it. “I understand Abby and I don’t blame you.” He paused as if to gather his words correctly. “I want my best friend back, that’s what I always wanted; to know that I had you, indefinitely.” He responded and through his words, I could sense a small smile upon his face.

I don’t know what, but is there a specific way to react to this? Was I supposed to rejoice or feel like shit because it was confirmed by him that he wanted nothing more than my friendship? Well right here and now I gave my honest reaction: “You always will.” I said happily. What does this reaction mean?

That I’ve letting go, and took that first step.

“So did you have any plans for today?” he asked, pretty casually.

“Actually, yes. I’m hanging out with Uria, Asia and Jasmine; we’re planning a trip to the beach.” I answered.

“Speaking of your home girls, I do believe my friends are whipped over yours.” He let out a hefty laugh while mine was silent. “So what do you say about me gathering the fellas and meeting at the beach of you ladies choice?” He offered.

I pondered the thought, trying to figure if this would end as disastrously as the last time. “Yeah sure, it-- should be… fun!” I hesitated. Why didn’t I completely think it through? I have no fucking clue. “We’ll figure out what beach and I’ll text you.” I concluded.

“Ok and for today, it’ll just be me, you and our friends. And uhm one last thing Abbs, it’s nice to have you back!” He admitted.

Although my face was not visible to Trey, I smiled, widely and for once it felt nice to feel warmth within my heart because of him. I wasn’t that “I’m completely in love” warmth. But I have the greatest best friend ever, flawed and all!