16.

Chapter 16: Reality
Noun|Meaning:
The quality or state of being real.

😇Emi's P.O.V

"You can do this Emi."I took a deep breath."You have nothing to be afraid of." I said, nodding to myself.

I leaned forward, my reflection staring at me. I brought the pencil near my eye, nerves fluttering in me.

"Wait!" I gasped, pulling the tool away."I don't want to ruin it!" I murmured, staring at the eyeshadow I somehow managed to do.

It was the morning after we arrived, the drive to the covens was long and the Lord Bracheos has already retreated to his chambers when we arrived.

Our meeting was gonna take place today.

Maeko told me to make myself presentable and taught me the basics of makeup before we left but eyeliner was a whole other level of basic.

The dress was a light blue and fit nicely on the top before flowing below my knees. A small slit exposed one of my leg and I paired it with a white sneakers.

I was supposed to wear heels but Maeko didn't know that I managed to sneak this comfy shoes in.

My hair was tied in a loose bun with a few stubborn strands escaping. I decided not to do the eyeliner and added more vaseline on my lips instead.

A knock resonated in the room and I quickly dumped the make up back to the bag before opening the door.

Sin.

A wisp of hair fell on his forehead, his thick lashes encasing his stormy eyes that was drinking me in like fine wine.

The dark blue shade of his dress shirt were a few buttons undone, his tattoos peeking out. The black slacks that he wore hugged him nicely with a classy leather shoes to finish it off.

An expensive looking watch adorned his wrist, the rings on his fingers glinting against the light. The aura around him screamed command and a sense of royalty that pulled something in me.

Hot damn.

I would usually greet him with a warm smile but because of the attitude he's been pulling on me this past few days, I decided to reciprocate.

"Good morning." I greeted shortly, before walking past him.

The breakfast was merely between Lord Bracheos and I. His messenger had made it clear when we arrived last night.

Sin was to be my personal guard since Luka was meeting with the other vampire leaders regarding Cyprus and their claim.

They didn't know that it was a diversion to figure out if there was someone in the coven that was helping Cyprus and sniff out the truth.

Ha, sniff.

"You look beautiful." Sin said, easily catching up to my strides.

Lord's Bracheos home was a huge mansion, everything was pristine white and I find it odd how he chose a color that could easily be stained by red.