22.

Chapter 22: Paramnesia
Noun| Meaning:
A disorder of memory which dreams or fantasy are confused with reality.

😇Emi's P.O.V

I was in a room with no windows, the walls were black, the color of the walls shining against the weak light in the room.

My body felt sore, leaning against the wooden seat that I was sat on. My back was pulsing and the hairs of my neck was standing up sensing the danger that can be felt in the air.

Two familiar shadows stood next to me, their long muddy white dress and gauntly features not scaring me like it used to.

They merely stood at my side, their white eyes staring blankly against the wall. My hands weren't tied up or anything, I was just sitting on the chair.

"Hello Emilyn." I turned at the voice, Cyprus standing there with a smug smile, fangs exposed and his obsidian eyes swimming with giddy.

"What do you want?" I gritted out, trying to reel in my fear at the sight of him.

Cyprus looked completely relaxed for someone that was being hunted down by the pentagon council.

His long blonde hair was pushed back, his body hidden in a black cape that fell up to his feet. The familiar rings on his finger present as he stared at me with his hateful eyes.

"I missed you." He smiles, his fangs exposed."Well, the look of torment on your face to be specific." He clarifies.

"Just let me go." I pleaded, ignoring the way my heart rate spiked up at his words."I did nothing wrong."

"You killed him!" His eyes flashed red, a resonating hiss in the air caused me to shiver slightly at how chilling it sounded.

The aura that he emitted suffocated my whole being. The evil and hatred that he carried made me feel like parasites were crawling underneath my skin.

"I'm sorry." I apologized, feeling tears well up."I didn't mean to, I had no idea what I did! He trie-"

"Shut up." He snarled, my lip closing in accordance. Cyprus took a deep breath, seeming to reel in his emotions.

"It seems that someone has found their mate." He sneers, looking up to me.

My heart dropped and I tried to stand up but physically couldn't, it was like I had no control over my body.

How did he managed to know? Everyone who knew was kept on a tight-lip about it. Sin and I kept our meet-ups a secret and tried to avoid being seen together as much.

Thoughts entered my mind, trying to come up with answers. Except Lord Bracheos and his guards! I could feel panic set in at the thought, does that mean he's betraying us?

"Don't!" I shook my head, trying to move my body."He doesn't have anything to do with this." Tears started to well up in my eyes, my back feeling extremely hot.

He glared at me."Anyone who stands by you has everything to do with this." Cyprus then grinned, licking his fangs.

"Speaking of your mate," He starts off, walking towards me."It seems like he wasn't truthful to you in the first place."