1.

1: DOLENT
Adjective| Meaning:
Full of Sorrow

Start: November 1, 2020

😇Emi's P.O.V

A year.

It's been a year since my mother passed and the horrors that she inflicted on me was healing in a slow pace.

I let out a small hum while brushing my teeth. My wet hair wrapped in a towel, my hips gently shaking as I listened to some music.

When I was done, I felt a smile grace my lips. It was another day, a day where I was free and another chance to heal myself.

It's been ten months since I moved into a new country and settled on a new place, my home. I was just getting used to the freedom that I was denied my past years.

It wasn't easy starting over especially when most of the time I would flinch at anyone who came close to me.

When I got my job at the bakery shop, it slowly made me grow accustomed to the hustle and bustle of the people.

I learned that not everyone was out there to hurt me; not everyone is an evil person and with that idea, I stood up once more.

Despite my knees bleeding from the countless times that I fell down, I didn't let the burning hope that resided in me to die down even when I felt like it didn't exist.

Everyday was a struggle to me, I was overcoming the hateful words that my dead mother had drilled into my mind.

I wasn't weak, I was strong for learning to forgive and still love her despite everything. I wasn't useless, I work at a bakery shop and earn my salary. I wasn't disgusting, the scars on my skin were a proof of how I was neither one of those three words.

There were still times where I doubt my worth but I remind myself of all the things that I've been through and it was enough for me to try and love myself.

My new home was just a small apartment that I rented from a cheap price. My single bed was pushed in the far corner with a small night stand that the old owner left behind next to it.

I stood at the bathroom door and next to it was a small cabinet that I bought, my old clothes were long gone because each one had a certain memory that triggered flashbacks in me.

All were new clothes that my second paycheck went in, it wasn't designer clothes but was enough for me to feel comfortable in my own skin.

My feet gently padded across the carpeted floor, throwing my towel on the bed. I changed into a new set of underwear, skinny jeans, and a white v-neck shirt.

Taking my comb from the nightstand, I quickly ran it through my long hair. Taking my old worn out vans, I slipped it on making sure to wear foot socks on.

Don't worry Emi, just one more paycheck and you could buy a pair of converse. I nodded to myself, glancing at the small piggy that had my savings on for the shoes.

The only gadget I had on me was an old model of an Iphone. I only graduated high school and not being able to go to college made me sad since I wanted to be a doctor.

I guess fate has other plans for me.

I let my hair air dry and swiped some petroleum jelly on my lips before placing my wallet, keys, and phone in a shoulder bag.

Turning the lock on from the inside, I closed the room to my door and walked across the small hallway that connects it to my living room and kitchen.