23.

Chapter 23: Psychomachy
Noun|Meaning:
A conflict between the body and the soul.

P.S. THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SOME EXPLICIT CONTENT INTENDED FOR MATURE READERS. BEWARE⚠️

😇Emi's P.O.V

I sat against the wall, knees hugging to my chest. The first wave of sunshine was peeking in the window, lighting up the room.

A complete opposite of what I felt inside.

A tear slid down and I didn't bother to wipe it. My heart hurts, my head hurts, everything in me hurts.

It was a vicious constant cycle. Life throws me at my feet, I stand up and try again. When things are starting to look up, I'm thrown back on my ass, painfully.

My faith was slowly diminishing and the thought of it brought a painful set of tears in my already swollen eyes.

It was a few hours after my dream, shaking my head at the use of word. Dream? It was more like my painful reality, a wake up call.

My body was covered in bruises and the scars that littered my back burned, it was the feeling of heat constantly crawling up and down my back.

Scar.

The word was enough to make me stop breathing for a moment. She was Sin's first love, his supposed to be mate.

She was supposed to be the one calling him love. The one holding his hand, the one enjoying his kisses, the only being that was privileged to feel his warmth.

I don't deserve to be his mate. I was no one. I was a mere human, broken and abused by the woman that was supposed to cater me.

I wasn't mad at Sin for hiding his truth. It was his freedom to choose what to tell me and what not. It was the realization that I knew someone like me doesn't deserve him is what hurts me.

A human, a weakling. Even before knowing the supernatural world, I was a no one already, an insignificant number.

What did the moon goddess think of when she paired me up with Sin? It was disrespectful to question a God but what did she see in me? I was no one.

Letting out a sigh, I decided to take a bath. I needed to talk to him, to ask him the truth.

There could be a possibility that what Cyprus shown me was a manipulation of vision but my instinct was screaming at me that it wasn't.

Walking to the bathroom, the mirror portrayed a dull and tired green-eyed woman.

Stripping out of my clothes, I bit my lip at how bruised and battered my body look. Taking a long shower, I let the water wipe away my tears and anxiety for what was about to happen.

I quickly changed into a light beige sweater, a comfy leggings, and left my feet bare. My hair was left down and I decided to add some make up on the slight bruise on my cheek from the bloodsucker's slap.

Walking towards Thor office, I offered weak smile to some of the guards who returned it with a worried glint in their eyes.