29.

Chapter 29: Dèpaysement
Noun|Meaning:
When someone is taken out of their own familiar world into a new one.

😇Emi's P.O.V

I laughed for a whole minute, wincing a few times because of the wound on my stomach.

Adam? The first human? If he were still alive, the only thing that I believe he would have is bones.

Wiping a tear away, I turned to him, bits of laughter still escaping my lips."Nice joke you got there Adan."

Coast and Adan only looked at me with amused expression but their eyes conveyed seriousness.

Shaking my head, I waved a hand off."Okay, joke's over." Adan merely tilted his head to the side, a ghost of smile on his lips.

I froze. My mouth falling open and close a few times, trying to sink in the fact in his words.

Blinking, I leaned forward, slamming both palm on the table."You're not joking?"

Adan chuckled, his eyes glimmering with mirth."I wasn't but I'm glad it made you laugh. Its a good medicine." He points out.

I couldn't believe it. He was Adam? The first human? Staring at him, there were a few things off about him though.

Like how his eyes were permanently glowing, the color reminding me of the autumn leaves that falls off the trees.

Despite not being able to read him, the way he carried himself was filled with confidence, like he had gone through hell and back still managing to survive.

Now that I think about it, there was a certain presence in him that would make you do a second-glance when you seem him.

It was like drawing you to him and maybe its because our souls are drawn to the holiness that he carries?

"How could you look like that? I don't mean that in an offensive way!" Shaking my head."How old are you?"

"Old enough to be called an ancient Emi." Coast pipes in, chuckling.

I gave him a deadpanned look before turning my attention back to Adan."How did you end up being the leader of the Nephilims then? You're human."

Adan smiled, as if he was used to hearing this question."I'm actually not." He corrects.

I nodded my head slowly, urging for him to continue. My curiosity has been piqued and I knew it need to be satiated.

"Eve and I weren't humans." Adan starts off."We were actually the last batch of archangels that were made by God."

My eyebrows draw back, leaning forward in my seat to listen attentively. Even Coast looked serious, his eyes downcast.

"God is considered as the highest among the various deity that existed for he had created the universe. Only supernaturals being roamed Earth before, the actual beginning of humanity is not true in the Bible." Adan continues, his eyes staring at the window.

His eyes were dazed, seeming to have no problem re-telling the story.

"Angels cannot fall in love with each other." Adan meets my eyes."Our only purpose is to protect Earth and make sure that there is peace among the different realms, protecting the world that God has worked hard for."