28.

Chapter 28: Aliferous
Adjective|Meaning:
Having Wings

A/N: Happy readings sinners! Don't forget to vote and I hope you like the chapter!💚

😇Emi's P.O.V

"I'm still in shock."

Coast smirks, his eyes still a glowing gold."I can tell from the way you're not eating and staring instead Emi."

He places a plate of steaming hot food in front me, taking a seat with his own plate. The woman was seated in another table conversing with men that had body built like fighters.

I breathed in the scent of food, my taste bud salivating and I didn't waste a second in scarfing it down.

"You were extinct! How could you guys exist? I mean, Sin told me that you were kil–" I bit my lip, noticing the stares I've started to receive.

"There were some of us that managed to outlive and escape." He smiles, a bittersweet one that had me feeling guilty.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to open up old wounds." My heart somehow aching at the brunt that they probably gone through.

"You're just new to this supernatural world, it's understandable that you'll slip a few times." He assures, waving a hand off.

Silence greeted us after that and I couldn't help but grow annoyed at the way I said those words impulsively.

"I've read about nephilims before." I looked up from the food, pointing my spoon at him."The context in the bible made others seem like you were giants."

He looked surprised for a moment."You read the Bible?"

I gave him an embarrassed look."I do, even though I wasn't baptized. I believe in the big guy up there."

His eyebrows squinted."Your mother wasn't Catholic?" He asks, his golden orbs returning to his normal-black colored ones.

"She wasn't," I replied, taking a spoonful of the soup."She was an atheist."

Coast looked troubled for a moment, his lips pursing as it seems thoughts were running in his mind.

"I don't understand." He murmurs, my ears somehow managing to caught on.

"Don't understand what?" I stared at him, catching his gaze.

Coast shook his head, disregarding my question."Was it Numbers 13:33?" He asks, resuming to his food.

I let out an amused smile."It seems like I'm not the only one who had read it too."

He rolled his eyes, smiling."But yes, it was Numbers 13:33. It says there that the humans see themselves like grasshoppers and so were they to you, Nephilims, so people assumed you were giants."

Coast leaned back, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand."When you're flying through the air, you're bound to look huge
in their part and to us, when your up at the sky, everything seems so small."

"Woah," I nodded slowly. Letting the new information sink in."Were you born during that time? Does that mean your immortal?" I asks, growing interested.