26.

Chapter 26: Nimble
Adjective|Meaning:
Quick in action or comprehension

😇Emi's P.O.V

"Here's your room keys. You have a free meal ma'am. Would you prefer to take it during dinner or breakfast?" The woman smiled at me, looking up from her computer.

"Dinner please." I replied, glancing around the lobby.

I've been on the road the whole day, two towns from my original one and I was completely drained.

My body ached all over and the sun was starting to rest. The chances of vampires coming out and shadows were very high, considering my state, it wasn't something I'd risk going out for to eat dinner.

"Okay, dinner is served at 6 in the evening. Enjoy your stay." I gave her a polite smile before dragging my body towards the elevator.

My floor was in the second one and it was something I thanked the big guy for since it can be an easy escape if things went wrong.

The hotel room was decent-size and I didn't bother unpacking since I'll only be staying for a day.

I still haven't made up my mind on where I'm going but my money was enough to last me for at least three weeks.

Plopping on the bed with a tired sigh, I glanced at my wrist-watch, seeing that I still had an hour to go before dinner.

All I wanted was to sleep but I knew I had to eat, my body needs the energy and I had to stitch my wound.

Groaning, I took a hold of the first aid kit from my bag and prepared myself. Turning the plastic upside down, I bought new essentials like bandages, gauze, and steri-strips.

Thankfully, there weren't any small glasses embedded in the wound and I managed to get the work swiftly done. Doing the same in my left hand before going to the bathroom.

I managed to wipe myself clean and changed into a pair of loose sweatpants, a decent shirt, and cheap slippers that I bought from the gas station earlier.

When I went down for dinner, the delicious aroma of food had my stomach grumbling.

Some of the table were occupied and I quickly took some portion of food, choosing to sit in a secluded area.

I didn't waste a second and started to eat, my eyes closing in bliss. Shoveling a spoonful of rice, my eyes met the gaze of a woman.

She seemed to be a Jamaican descendant and found myself admiring her mocha skin, sharp cheekbones, all of her dark hair is beautifully done in a box-braid.

The color of her eyes were exquisite. It was pale yellow that contradicted against her skin tone. One that brought out her features even more.

She raised a brow, seeming to notice my stare and I quickly looked away embarrassed.

A few minutes passed before I saw a group of men entering the room. Their frame lanky and were taller than me.

There was something in the way they moved that had me uneasy. They took a seat near the bathroom area and I knew there was only one way to find out.