The World, the Outside, and the Universe

There are people made of glass all around the world. Even out of this world; all around the universe.

       There are shards of glass wherever you go all around the world. Even out of this world; all around the universe.

       You must tread carefully, speak softly, and touch gently all throughout the world. Even out of this world; all throughout the universe.

       There are people made of glass, and porcelain, and clay, and wood all about the world. Even out of this world; all about the universe.

       They must walk slowly. They cannot speak. They do not touch. They cannot see a thing in this world. Even out of this world; see nothing in the universe.

       There are butterflies with skulls on their wings that flit and flutter all around the world. Even out of this world; all around the universe.

       They carry the history of the people. Who they ancestors were, what they looked like, what they did. All the history of the world. Even out of this world; the history of the universe.

       The people, they hear. They find the sound of butterfly wings beautiful. Everyone in the world. Even out of this world; everyone in the universe.

       Butterflies land on their fingers, their heads, their shoulders, and they shatter. There is destruction in this world… even out of this world; destruction in the universe...

       You see, because those heavy skull butterflies aren’t things we simply cannot see, but things we perceive as beautiful through the ear. They are death. Death about this world. Even, out of this world; death about the universe.