Earth and Time

Earth softly laughed in a warm, airy breath, lips pulled into a smile her dress furled off into the infinites of eternal history as Time took her by the hand, in a dance of everlasting romance. They were both old now, with their many inhabitants for children, grandchildren, and so on. Yet no mater how old they were, they would always look in their prime — always fresh and new, never ceasing to exist. Hand and hand, they traveled back and forth to the past of their long ago youth before returning to the present, then meeting a fleeting second of the future. Then another, and another, and another, and so on.

       This was a special relationship. Of valiant Time and his seeking, searching, of mortal Earth, loving each other so dearly. They hold each other so close, it was impossible to ever see Time without Earth. Though Earth without Time, well... that was before they met. The months will pass, and Earth will give her children the gift of new seasons, her dress elongating as new fabrics grew like magic from her skin. Their dance caused the snowflakes to join in, to pair, to group, to be alive, and to let loose in the wind. Time will gift her new years of change, which she would either accept or refuse. After all, there was always conflict amount the best of couples. He takes care of Earth. Watches over her, checks on her, ensures that she is in good health. Together they form an unfathomable bond.

 Mother Earth and Father Time.

       Where we are their children. And though they may look young they aren't the same as they were before. They aren't as limber, aren't as loose, aren't as easy to sway. Because they've grown old and learned from each other. They will keep dancing as long as Earth and Time exist to us. They will keep dancing until their knees give way and their legs grow numb. Then, together, they will crash to the ground.