Identity Change

She had been lost for so long. Heartless, destroying creatures of darkness with strangers she got used to. For years she has done this; Number XV fighting. Fighting for her heart. And now, she can get it. The Kingdom is completed, their goal is accomplished, and now she can have her heart back.

       Welcoming it into her, she felt the first moments of peace and bliss of emotions, then the memories came into her in a flash flood. Her name wasn’t Rose anymore. Or Number XV, or even Hybrid. It was Elsa; it had always been Elsa. The Castle became empty as everyone went home with newfound memories, finding loved ones or going off to deserted projects. Elsa? She went home to see Axel.

       “I’m home!” she called out happily, eyeing everything left untouched for years.

       But Axel frowned at this sudden intruder. “Who the hell are you?”
       Her spirit sank. “It’s me, Elsa, your sister…”

       He shook his head. “You’re not Elsa. You look nothing like her — don’t even sound like her. Now get out before I call the police.”

       She stared at him, her hand reaching for his but pulled away as he back away from her. “It’s me! How can’t you remember? You helped set up my shop, raised me when our parents left — how can’t you remember!”’

       “Get out!” he yelled, pointing to the door with the switch blade he always carried about; black with red details, just as she recalled. This time, she left.

       He doesn’t remember. No, that can’t be it.

       The problem was, she didn’t remember that she still looked like her Nobody; the old Elsa was gone. The human memories, but the face of a Nobody… no wonder he didn’t remember… But then, now he would never remember.

       His sister was sweet, little redheaded Elsa. Not this white haired, bold Nobody.

       Her memories were brought back. But she… she will be forgotten.